Saturday 13 July 2013

There is something in the air.......

.....there must be, cause all my kids seem to be falling in love! haha

I am still trying to get my head around the fact that Andrew has a girlfriend, and as if that isn´t hard enough,  now Leah has also started the dating game! 

She came home on Wednesday full of smiles. I started to joke with her and asked her if she was in love. She looked at me weird and said "what do you mean, why do you say that mum?" So I played along and said that it was something in her body language that told me. I wasn´t expecting her to confirm that but she smiled and said she might be. OH NO NOT ANOTHER ONE!!! 

So Thursday evening she had a date with him. She biked to our town about 10 km away. We told her she had to be home by 10 pm. A few minutes after 10 pm Kristian and I decided to go a walk and who do you think we met on our walk. Leah and her friend. They were laughing, talking and just having fun. They nearly didn´t see us, only we said hello or they would have walked right past us.  
So we introduced ourselves to him and asked him how he was going to get back home. He said he was just going to walk the 10 km back to town and then get a train to the next town. Now does this guy like my daughter or what???? Imagine being willing to walk 10 km back home!!! 

I wasn´t going to let him walk back so we told them to just go home to us and when we were finished our walk we would take him home. And that´s what we did. 

So today (Friday) they had another date before Leah went to work. Then he met her from work at 9pm so he could walk her to the train. He gave her a rose. How romantic is that!?! So I have a daughter that is beaming from ear to ear! 


I am having such a great holiday. The weather has been fantastic and I have been relaxing and enjoying every minute of it. It´s great to have time to do things you don´t normally have time to do. 
On Wednesday I spent a good bit of the day reading. The time just flies by when your reading a good book!

On Thursday Camilla came to dinner. Then we had some "old" neighbours  over for coffee and cake. We wanted to show them where we live now. It was so lovely to see them again. Their kids and our kids played together while growing up. We did a lot of things together when the kids were smaller. So it was just so great to see them again and catch up. They were here 3 hours and the time just flew by! 


Today (Friday) I have spent painting. (And when I got a bit tired of that I sat in the garden reading!) I tried to paint some abstract stuff again.



 I think maybe I need a few more branches on the ground.....



Anyway I had a fun day. 


No comments: