Saturday 19 September 2009

I thought he was sick....

...yes, I was sure my husband was sick - why?? Cause he arranged a date night for me. Now that is a rare happening! Usually its me who comes up with the ideas and arrangements for nights out but last night Kristian planned it all by himself!

I had to be ready when he got home from work. Then we drove to a town called Roskilde. It is such a beautiful drive as part of the drive is right passed Roskilde fjord. The weather was fantastic. September always has a special kind of light in the late afternoon - it was just so beautiful driving there with the sun shinning on the water. Anyway, back to the date!!

We arrived in Roskilde and took a walk around the town. I love the town centre there. Its really cosy. Then we decided to go and get something to eat. What a job that was. All the restaurants we went into had lots of people waiting to be served and we had only one hour to eat in. (The other restaurants that had little customers were way above our price range!) So we ended up driving to Mcdonalds!! hahaha which Kristian was feeling terrible about. He thought it was awful taking me on a date to McDonalds, but I was loving it! I was in the mood for a burger! We actually had a cosy dinner, tried one of their new burgers (Chicken tasty - which was really good and filling!)

Then it was off to my surprise. Kristian had got given tickets for a concert for a guy named Jacob Sveistrup. He sang the Danish song in the Eurovision song contest in 2005. I really like his voice. So I was very happy to be going to a concert with him.

Before him was a warm up band called White Lies. They played Danish 80´s and 90´s music. They were really good. Alot of the songs I knew, even though they were Danish hits as Kristian always played them when we first got married. So it took me back to the early days of our marriage before all the kids came along.

The concert was set up so that we all sat at small tables around the room, candles were burning, and it was just really cosy. We had a really great evening. So well done Kristian!! (and dont wait too long to arrange another night out!!)

You can hear Jacob below singing the song from Denmark in 2005

4 comments:

lisa said...

Ah lovely!! It doesnt matter where you eat as long as you are together and enjoy the time free from the kids etc. The concert sounds great, with the tables with the candles, very intimate and romantic - well done Kristian!

Rhoda said...

Well done Kristian!

How many years did you have to wait for this Laura? Just wondering how many more I have to go!

Anyway glad you had such a good night and surprise:-)

Karen Templeton said...

There must be some sickness going around Laura. Allan took me on a date on Saturday night too. It's been years (REALLY!) since we were last out on a proper date.

We went out for a late dinner and then we were so stuffed that we were ready to go to sleep at 9:30. So much for staying up late and having fun without the kids. Once you hit 40 you are happy to be home & in bed by 10pm haha.

Laura said...

I totally agree Karen!! We are getting so old!! hahaha Hope this sickness thing keeps up though!! haha