Saturday 12 September 2009

Stillness in the midst of the noise....

Its been a wonderful day! But I will let the video below explain what we have been up to....

So I spent 6 hours sitting on the one bench. But what precious hours they were!

I got to prepare my Sunday School lesson, I read a little about living a healthy lifestyle. I also started reading a book on prayer. I prayed a while. I listened to some teaching on my mp3, then I listened to some praise music! I read a bit more - prayed a bit more.

In the midst of all the noise of an amusement park I had a wonderful stillness and time together with God. It was just great!

It was a bit cold though. So I had my lovely thick picnic blanket wrapped around me. My picnic basket on the ground, my books beside me and the book I was reading on my lap. I got some funny looks and comments from people. Many people smiled at me as they passed, others sighed and said "Oh you just look sooo cosy!" One woman asked if there was room for another one under the blanket!! haha

Finally at 5pm we left and headed home. Leah and her friends had had a fantastic afternoon. We came home to a lovely clean house that Kristian had worked on all afternoon. We ordered pizzas for us and the girls. Then Leah and her friends spent a few hours hanging out in her room. At 8.30pm we took them home.

7 comments:

lisa said...

Glad you all had a very different but lovely day. One question though - where did the american accent suddenly come from????? Normally yours is the Irish accent in the midst of the Danish ones but on the video you sound so Danish and american at the same time!

Laura said...

I dont know Lisa - I am so confused about what accent to use!! haha

Maybe its because I was with Leahs friends and one of the girls lived in Germany for 3 years and went to an international school where english was spoken constant. When she went away she could not speak english but now speaks it fluenty and so sometimes we speak english to each other...so maybe she influenced me with the accent...

but I honestly dont know.....maybe also cause I felt a bit stupid sitting there talking to a camera all by mayself - might have affected my accent a bit too hahahaha

lisa said...

Right enough, you are a crazy woman - talking to a camera on your own - only the Laura we all know and love would do that!

That afternoon sounds lovely, having all your stuff with you to have the perfect day but Leah and her friends enjoying themselves as well. And then getting home to a clean house - it just couldnt have worked out any better!!

Stuart and Pauline said...

Oh to sit down and just read without falling asleep!!!!

Looks like you all had a fab time. Am I being dim, but when was/is Leah's birthday?

Laura said...

Leahs birthday is on Wednesday 16th September....so we held the "party" on the 12th so we will just be cosy as a family on Wednesday here at home.

Rhoda said...

Lisa I've often thought that Laura has an American accent, especially on certain words. But this is the whole way through, right to the last sentence and then you hear the Irish:-) All is not lost!!
Anyway glad you all enjoyed the day!

john and julie mcbride said...

happy birthday leah...a bit late but anyway hope u had a good 1...laura i sometimes have flexi time to use in work and go to seapark... that where i have my wee bliss times laptop, blanket, chips and watch the time school is out !!!! got to get back lol