Wednesday 16 September 2009

Leah is 12!!

The baby of the family turned 12 today!! (I have asked this before, and I´ll ask it again - Where have the years gone?!!!)




We woke with the traditional Rasmussen wakening - the whole family going into the birthday girl singing Happy Birthday. Then it was up to open presents.




Leah had really wished for a new bike. Her other bike was getting too small and she has never had a new bike, only second hand ones, so a brand new bike was her greatest wish. We managed to make her wish come true.




Over the last few months I had picked up some small gifts at bargin prices. So I packed some of them in for her. She loves notebooks, so she got a few off those. She got a film (got it for £1.50!) and a soap bag with some shampoo, conditioner, nailbrush, nail cutters (she just loves things like that).




Then she really likes to bake. I had a hand mixer that one of my old people had given me when I was in the home care. It had been hidden at the back of the cupboard, so I got it out, bought a receipe book with 80 different muffin/bun receipes and then bought some different things for decorating cakes and buns with. I put it all in a basket and wrapped it up. Leah was soooo happy with these gifts!




When she saw all the presents on the table she didnt think she was getting her bike.





Then in among all the wee packages was a tiny box with a photo of her on it. She was so taken by the photo. She thought it was so cute.....



Then when she opened the box she found a set of keys. She knew then that these must be the keys to a bike. We went outside to see if it fitted any of the bikes out there!


Yes - it fitted one particular bike that she had fallen in love with a few weeks ago! We had a very happy Leah!


When I came home from work today Leah was busy baking muffins in the kitchen. The house smelt wonderful and the muffins tasted wonderful too. Thank goodness someone in the family likes to bake! (or maybe that is not such a good thing, especially for my weight!!)






This evening Leah got to decide where we would eat and she picked our local chinese restaurant. We had a delicious meal there before we headed home to homeworks and Desperate Housewives!! haha



Proof above that Andrew and me were at the restaurant too!!

10 comments:

Stuart and Pauline said...

Happy Birthday Leah!!!!!

It sounds like she did very well indeed. All those wee bits and pieces sound wonderful, but the main attraction sounds like it was very much appreciated. Send some of those muffins over here Leah please!!!

john and julie mcbride said...

happy birthday leah!! from the mcbrides xoxxo

john and julie mcbride said...

my blog is j and j mcbride now cant seem to reg it

lisa said...

Happy Birthday Leah, glad she loved her bike and the rest of her presents. Isnt it great, the look on their faces when they get something they really wanted - priceless!

Im so happy someone in your house has taken an interest in baking - a girl after my own heart! Dont worry about putting on weight, when you get your farm you will have so much work to do you will be skinny in no time!!

Rhoda said...

Happy birthday from me too Leah - I'm so glad that at last you have your own bike:-) (I mean not a pass down!)

I love the picture of Leah's surprise when she realised the keys were for her new bike:-)

I also agree where in the world has the last 12 years gone???

lisa said...

My books arrived today - yeyyy!! I also bought 4 books in Tesco the other day so I will be busy! Plus Strictly come dancing starts this week, and Im moving house (hopefully)! Can I have more days in the week please???

Laura said...

Phew Lisa - will you have time to read when you might be moving!! Sounds like some busy days ahead!!
But I think you are going to enjoy the books....
Hey post some photos of the house when you move in, on your blog - it would be great to see it.

lisa said...

Of course I will - you will all feel like you live there, there will be so many photos!!

Laura said...

hahahaha - Looking forward to moving in :-)

lisa said...

Me too!!!