Tuesday 18 May 2010

Been there again....

Where?? Ikea off course!!!

Leah was wanting to freshen up her room a little. So off we went on Saturday to Ikea to see what we could pick up for a budget of £20. Below is the results....(we´ll we spent a little more than £20 - but just a few pounds more, so we did well!) She decided she wanted the room red and white - a true Dane!! haha

We had fun doing it and it didnt take long to hang new curtains, put a few stickers on the wall and a few pillows on the bed...nice and easy and yet a bit of a change!!



Oh, by the way I was encouraged to seek a job in Ikea by the woman who looks after the hiring of personnel for the different Ikeas in Denmark. We were sitting over from each other at our nieces confirmation. She was a lovely person and when I heard she worked in Ikea I was bumming about the place (I didnt realise what she did there!! haha) We had a good old chat and later in the day she asked if I ever considered looking for a job there cause they were always looking for people who had a passion for it!!! So you never know, I might end up in there yet!!

5 comments:

Rhoda said...

Laura if you worked in Ikea you would have NO MONEY!!! You would be spending ALL your wages there - especially on the bargains you would be getting with the staff discount!!!!

The room looks great Leah - you did really well.

lisa said...

Imagine you working in Ikea!! Rhoda is right, you would spend all your wages - dont do it!!!

Charlene said...

Leah's room looks lovely - red's my favourite colour! Laura and Ikea?????? I don't know about that. I think the branch would quickly become known as "that shop where the mad irish woman works".

lisa said...

hahahaha LOL!!!

Stuart and Pauline said...

Laura, I thought you had shares in IKEA already, you're there so often!!!

The room looks gorgeous, very bright and cheery!!!