Thursday 5 August 2010

Andrew 17 today!!



Yes, Andrew turned 17 today! I can´t believe that 17 years ago he was a wee tiny baby.


Andrew wanted a quiet birthday. This suited me fine since I started back to school today. Last week we gave him his present, the new screen for his PS3, so we didn´t have the usual "up in the morning to open presents" routine!


Andrew wanted me to make him one of his favourite dishes for dinner- Nachos. So when everyone finally arrived home from work, we decorated the living room , made the nachos and then gave Andrew a few small gifts.


He was not expecting anything and was so surprised and happy!


Sara and Leah had bought him some sweets, aftershave and a film.

We also had bought him an extra wee surprise, a few pre-owned games for his PS3 - a bargin that we picked up in London.
We sat in the living and ate our nachos and watched a Danish film. I thought it was a stupid film, but my family were laughing their heads off. They thought it was really funny - I didn´t!. But the main thing was that Andrew really enjoyed himself.


I made him a birthday cake and so just a few minutes ago we lit the candles and then devoured the cake!! (We´ll we blew the candles out first!!)

It´s been a lovely quiet day and Andrew has really enjoyed it. He is such an easy fella to please. He never asks for much and it´s the little things that please him. I think I have enjoyed the day just as much as he has! Happy Birthday Andrew!!

8 comments:

lisa said...

Happy birthday Andrew, glad you had a great day, birthdays always look like so much fun in the Rasmussen household!!

Rhoda said...

Love the big drawers on the bookcase:)
Yes Happy Birthday Andrew . . . seventeen and never been kissed . . .???

lisa said...

Ah yes, I forgot to mention the 'Bridget Jones' pants!!

Stuart and Pauline said...

Happy Birthday Andrew!!!!

I didn't even notice the pants!!!!

Rhoda said...

What were they not big enough Pauline:)

Stuart and Pauline said...

I obviously just wasn't looking in the right place!!! Maybe they should've been bigger, I might have spotted them then!!!!

Laura said...

I´ll get bigger ones for next year Pauline! hahaha

Rhoda said...

You mean it's possible to get bigger ones?????? Hopefully not for you to fit into!!! LOL