Wednesday 18 August 2010

Xtreme Belfast weather....

...that´s what we are having over here!! and I am loving it! :-)



Another thing that I am loving is my teaching job. I had my 3rd graders for the first time on Monday. I only had them 35 minutes as I had to go to Assembly with them,that ate into some of my teaching time. Unfortunately that´s how it will be - I wish I had them longer. They are so full of enthusiasm! They were great to teach.



I am also loving that I have a life again!! The last few weeks have been hectic with school starting. My every waking hour seemed to be spent preparing teaching material. Now I think I am getting into the routine of things and the preparation time doesn´t fill my every waking hour!

I am also loving my new Guy Penrod CD. It has been playing non stop since Saturday, especially track 13 which gets played pretty much on repeat. Kristian is cracking up!! haha

Speaking of Kristian. He came home this evening having won his 3rd medal. He was out racing and came home with a silver one this time. So he now has 2 bronze and 1 silver - he´s only missing the gold, maybe next time!!


Andrew started his new school on Monday and so far he likes it.


So that´s all the news from me. Not very exciting...but that´s life!! Having said that, today might not have been exciting but I so enjoyed it. Mainly because of the rain. While Leah was at choir I went and parked the car by the castle, just overlooking a stretch of water. It was so peaceful and I enjoyed a couple of hours sitting there thinking, praying, reading and listening to music, all the while the rain was pouring down. Like I said - XTREME BELFAST WEATHER - the kind of day I love!!

2 comments:

lisa said...

Glad to see an update, as I said on my blog everyone must be very busy. The weather here really is unpredictable, rain, sun, wind, cloudy, and thats just a 5 minute slot haha!! Today its showery and 21 degrees, so if you stick even a light waterproof jacket on you are melted! But as I love the heat Im not complaining!

Rhoda said...

We had the same weather today Lisa - felt really tropical! Humid! I've not had humid for about 10 years.
I think Laura you only love the Belfast weather because you don't have to live in it!