Tuesday 31 August 2010

An old favourite...

...I decided to go back and use one of my "old" backgrounds - the one with the books. Since I couldn´t find an autumn background that I liked, I thought that this "book background" summed up Autumn perfectly for me!! It´s the season for early nights with a good book!! Ahhhh contentment!!

So since it´s getting near that season I decided to practise for it. At 9.00pm I crawled into bed. At first I thought about watching a DVD but then decided against that. I opted for reading. So I got down my Bible and started reading the story about King Jehoshaphat. (2 Chronicles 20) What an amazing story. I got sooo much out of it. Here was Jehoshaphat in the middle of a crisis. Three armies had come to fight against Israel. When he heard this the first thing Jehoshaphat did was fear. But he didn´t let fear stay and rule his life. He decided to seek God.

I love verse 12 - Here Jehoshaphat prays "we do not know what to do, but our eyes are on you" He had no idea what to do about the situation but he got his eyes on God. When I have a problem in my life I need to learn to pray like this and get my eyes on God. How many times do I have my eyes on other things but not on God? How many times do I put my trust in other people, in things, but forget to trust God?

Ok I better stop....there is soooo much I could share, but just one last thing. I love the fact that Jehoshaphat appointed singers to worship and praise God. These singers were sent out at the front of the army! And God gave them the victory. He confused the enemy so that they killed each other and so when Jehoshaphat and his soliders arrived the battle was over. They didn´t even have to fight!!!

So no matter what "battle" we are going through in life right now, remember to praise God, to thank God. You don´t have to wait until you feel like it, it´s a choice. The effects of praise is amazing!!

Ok I really am signing off now. I´ll keep the rest for another time! Goodnight all:-)

5 comments:

lisa said...

Thank you, that spoke to me x

Stuart and Pauline said...

Laura, your blog has become really small for some reason. I can barely read it as the font is tiny. Is anyone having the same problem?

Charlene said...

nope Pauline I haven't found any probs, but last night I couldn't leave a comment.

Laura I was thinking about what you said about praise and the singers at the front of the procession that confused the enemy.If it had been us singing Inspiration that would really confuse the enemy - they'd wonder why they didn't send people who could stay in tune!!!!!

Rhoda said...

No problems here either!
It's easier to remember to praise when things are going well....

I remember hearing once that Paul & Silas in prison had the strength they needed because they praised.

Laura said...

Don´t know what the problem is with the blog Pauline?!! I got Kristian to check it out and it all seemed ok...

....it does say "the joy of the Lord is your strength" so lose your joy and you lose your strength. but you´re right it is always easier to praise when things are going well but we NEED to praise when things are going against us.