Saturday 14 August 2010

What a wonderful day....

....this afternoon I met up with my colleague Dorthe. We were going to a concert in Tivoli, Copenhagen.
It was just the sort of day I love - rain, rain and more rain!!


Guy Penrod used to sing with the Gaither Vocal Band, but recently launched a solo career. I grew up listening to the Gaither music, so I love the type of music he sings. Dorthe does too. So when we heard he was in Copenhagen we just had to go to his concert. We were not disappointed.
Not only did he do a great job singing but he also did a great job encouraging us all with stories, testimonies and Bible truths. It was a really special afternoon. He is a really wonderful, godly man. The real deal! (Did you know he has 8 children!! 7 boys and 1 girl from ages 18 - 4!!!)

The highlight was that I got my picture taken with him and he signed my new CD!!

Afterwards we headed out for a bite to eat before heading home on the train. It normally takes 35 minutes on the train from Copehagen home, but they are working on the train lines, so some of the trains are not running. Buses are being used instead. This usually means that it takes an hour to get back out of the city. However this evening with the heavy rain fall, the trains were totally messed up.

The train station announced the arrival of our train, but when we got on, the train was going somewhere totally different. This happened 4 times!!! Finally at the last station, we were told to go down the steps, across to the next track and our train would be there. That was a joke! The station was flooded, water up to the knees!! haha Then all the lights went out! I was sure we would be spending the night at the station, with a whole bunch of strangers (and I was in desperate need of a toilet!! PANIC!!) Finally, just when we were about to give up, a train arrived and took us to the right train station. There the bus was waiting to get us home, 2 hours and 15 minutes later I was home!!

But it sure was worth it all!!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Am soooooooooooo jealous Laura. Have loved the Gaither Vocal Band for years. Have loads of the Gaither Homecoming videos/DVDs - love listening to them. He has some voice! (Have been away for 5 weeks out of the last 8 so I'm a bit behind on your blogs so only getting to write this now.)