Monday 30 August 2010

new look

....yes, there is a new look on my blog but I am not sure it will stay for long. I think it´s just a bit too much!! But my favourite season is approaching so I wanted something to match the season. I think I will have to keep looking!! This just doesn´t do it for me!

Life has settled down to a busy buzz!! (can you say that???!!!)

Jeff has now gone home - our recliner really misses him!! (and so do we Jeff!) He left yesterday after church.

It was a busy Sunday, yet a good one. We had a KICK-OFF day at church. All the different organisations were there to tell about what was happening. We each had a table with home baked treats (I cheated and bought mine - ssshhhhh, no-one noticed!) and information about what we were involved in. For me it was junior club. I had made prayer cards and a poster with information about the club. There were 13 different tables set up and people went around and heard about the different areas of work within the church (while drinking coffee and munching on the different cakes.) They could also sign up to get involved. It was a really successful day. I was exhausted when I came home and slept for 1 hour before making dinner!

5 comments:

Rhoda said...

It is not Autumn until the 21st September!!! Hold your horses woman!!!!

Charlene said...

Philip and I were out for a drive last night and we noticed that some of the leaves on the trees were already turning yellow! and it was quite dark at 9pm. Boo hoo - roll on April 2011.

Laura said...

Oh but it´s getting closer Rhoda and I LOVE it!! You´re right Charlene, the darker nights are rolling in - time to get cosy and snug. I love also the crispy feeling that is in the air;-)I can feel a song coming on...." It´s the most wonderful time of the year!!"

lisa said...

Im with Charlene on this one - roll on April indeed!!!

Laura if you want to change your blog just do it with the ones provided by google, thats how I did it

Charlene said...

and on that note Laura I was listening to White Christmas yesterday and looking for Christmas presents!