Sunday 28 August 2011

A big day...

for the whole Rasmussen clan but especially for our niece Gitte. She was getting married. Who would have thought that Gitte would be the first of the next generation to tie the knot. She has always been the tomboy of the family but yesterday that changed, she was transformed into a princess. She was beautiful.

It was a lovely ceremony. During it her dad (Kristian´s brother) played a special song for her on his trumpet. Her sister Sigrid sang a beautiful song along with her aunt Signe (Kristian´s sister) and her soon to be father-in-law preformed the marriage ceremony. I had a few tears at times in my eyes. It was all rather emotional.

If you want to listen to the song Sigrid and Signe sang click the video below. Believe me it is well worth the click.......they sing beautifully together:-)



All too quickly the ceremony was over and Gitte had got her man. Andreas had got his princess. They were so cute and watching them made me all romantic. I was wishing I could get married all over again (to the same man off course! haha)

The Rasmussen clan got all scrumbed up for the day. I think my hubby looks very hunky in his new suit.
The three kids don´t look too bad either....
It was lovely to be together with the whole Rasmussen family again. 


The reception went well and at one stage a crazy Scottish man turned up giving the newly wed couple some advice......
And a dance lesson. See how it went.....
A really great day for Gitte and Andreas. We arrived home at the wee hours of the morning, tired but happy and content. I wonder who will be the next of my nieces and nephews to get married?

No comments: