Sunday 14 August 2011

Where did that week go?

It´s been another busy week!

The big news of the week being that my dad got himself a new house. It´s all very exciting! (I am now in my interior designer mood and have been planning and drawing how his new place is going to look since Wednesday.)

For those who know the area, he has got a house across  from where the City Mission Hall used to be, just on the opposite side of the road from where the hall was (and down a bit.)  He is very happy. He has good neighours around him and it´s close to everything that he needs. 

We are all now happy about the move!! He is not sure when he can move  as some work needs done on the place. But probably in a few weeks time. So hopefully soon I will be going home to help him decorate and move! Now that´s a job I am really looking forward too!

Then on Friday my old lady friend had a birthday. She turned 84 years old. After work I went by to visit and celebrated the day with her. It was a lovely. Then I had to do some food shopping before I finally arrived home at 7pm! I was exhausted! I had left the house that morning at 7.30am and had been on my feet all day long. I headed into bed early on Friday evening and slept 10½hours!! Boy did I need that!



Meanwhile Kristian and Sara left early Friday morning to go to Jytland (the other side of Denmark) for a go-kart race. It was Kristian who was racing this time. He was so excited to be going to a race. He spent hours getting his cart ready and getting everything packed and ready to go. He was like a wee boy waiting for Christmas!

I´m looking forward to hearing how he got on. I wonder if he will bring home a trophy? (They are such ugly things! haha)  Anyway, as long as he doesn´t bring home smelly feet like the other evening! They were so bad that we all banished him to the bathroom to take a footbath!! haha They should be home late this evening!

On Saturday I was helping at a wedding. My bosses daughter got married and so I was asked to help serve at the reception. I LOVE weddings so I didn´t mind doing that. The bride was beautiful!


The reception was from 2.30pm - 5pm for everyone. Then from 5.30pm - ???? there was dinner for the invited guests only. 

They had the place decorated lovely with real trees set up all over the room where the dinner would be held. (My boss owns loads of ground with forest as well as Christmas trees, so there was no problem getting a supply!)  

The reception went over great! But we didn´t sit down for 7 hours!! We were busy from 11am until 6pm when we finally had everything cleared up.  The guests ate like they had never seen food!! We were constantly bringing in more bread, cheese, salami, coffee, cake etc. 

Thank goodness we were only helping at the reception. A new group of helpers were there to help with the dinner party! By the time I got home last night I could hardly walk!! Literally!! My feet were throbbing and my legs ached!! I couldn´t even think about making dinner so I picked up a McDonalds on the way home for Leah, Andrew and myself. It was a great day but once again I was exhausted so once again I got an early night! Another 10½ hours sleep!! I could get used to this! 

 This morning it was back to church again. There was a group of young people from Youth with a Mission visiting so part of the service I spent translating for them. Thankfully someone else was translating the preaching! I could relax and enjoy that!



No comments: