Monday 1 August 2011

Painting...

I spent the afternoon painting. I had planned to paint loads of pictures this holiday, but somehow never got around to it. With only 2 days left until I start back to work I decided that today I NEEDED to paint, just so I had done it!!


A week ago I got a new smartphone. I LOVE my new phone, it can do sooo many things!! So I am constantly playing around with it and learning new things about it.  

The other day I downloaded "Kindle" for my smartphone. I wanted to try it out and see what it was like. Well I love it!! I downloaded a few free books and already have them read. I then went on yesterday and bought my first book for 5 dollars!! How cheap is that!! I am now half way through that! So I really, really want to get a proper Kindle as I think the bigger screen will be perfect.  

Usually when I finish a book I have to wait a week before I get the next one from Amazon - now I just go on - download and there it is. I love this new age of technology!!

Leah arrived home from camp with some guests - LICE!! Yuk horrible little creatures. You want to scratch your head just talking about them. 

One of the girls at camp had them and kindly passed them on to Leah.  Since coming home from camp we have, each evening, been fine combing her hair. It has been years since we have had to do that! This is the third night of fine tooth combing - bed clothes changed again....hair brushes boiled etc. What a job! 

So tomorrow is my last day of holiday. I am actually looking forward to getting back into a routine again, although Kristian and the kids still have holiday until next week. I am also looking forward to September and the darker nights coming. I love the Autumn and the best thing is that it is getting closer! 



No comments: