Thursday 18 August 2011

Loads happening....

Monday:-  Cleopatra moved in........


Leah´s friend`s mum is a hairdresser so she went to get a trim and came home with a whole new hairstyle! Very nice Leah!






 Tuesday:- Cafe with Jette. It was time for our girlie chat night. Lovely evening.


Wednesday:- Wednesday afternoon saw me with my own personal stylist! I am not at all interested in clothes and fashion and have no idea what to buy and not buy for myself. Well, in a few weeks time we are going to a wedding and I had bought an outfit for that. I wasn´t sure if it was really me so I asked my good friend Rhona to give me her honest opinion. She did. The outfit is going back!! Need I say more! hahaha 


Then on Wednesday evening I drove Sara to the airport. She was going to England for a long weekend to see another go-kart race! Meanwhile Kristian was at the race track in Copenhagen racing. 


After leavning Sara at the airport I wondered if I should surprise him and drive by the go-kart place. I never go there mainly because I refuse to drive through the centre of Copenhagen. There are too many lanes, too many cars, and hundreds of bikes, but Sara told me that I would avoid the centre because I was driving from the airport. She plotted the address into the GPS and of I went. I was a nervous wreck....but I did it!!! I got there, eventually, in one piece. Even with a GPS, I will admit, I got lost once!! 


Kristian was racing along with his sister´s husband Flemming. (They are like two wee boys out there!!) I was actually looking through some of Kristian´s go-kart photos on facebook and in nearly every one (and I am talking about the photos where he doesn´t know he is getting his picture taken) he has a huge smile on his face. He just loves that go-kart track and racing. It makes him happy!


Well Kristian and Flemming did really well. Kristian won the race and Flemming came 3rd!! Well done boys! 


Then to top the evening off, I took up a challenge from Kristian to drive home through the centre of Copenhagen. I would follow him and he promised not to race ahead! 


It was acutally easier driving through there than being a passenger in the car with Kristian driving. When I am a passenger I am a nervous wreck. I see all these cars and bikes and I have no control over when to brake, or at what speed to go. So the experience of driving in Copenhagen was not as bad as I had expectced! I made it out in one piece and to celebrate we stopped at McDonalds for a burger before heading home. (I know, any excuse for a burger!!)


Thursday:- Tonight we decided to go see a movie. It´s been a while since we had a date night so off we went to our local cinema to have a date. I just love going there. It is run by a volunteer group made up of mostly old age pensioners. They are so warm and friendly and can´t do enough for you. We went to see "Unknown Identity." A really good film. We both really enjoyed it, very exciting, full of action.I was on the edge of my seat half the time! 


So that was my week - busy but good. Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday and the weekend awaits. I need a long sleep:-)

2 comments:

teri-free2bme said...

Leah is beautiful... love her new hair-do!

I enjoy reading your family updates and I'm with you... "I need a long sleep:-)" , too.

Blessings~

Laura said...

Thanks Teri I will let her know:-) How is your house redecorating going? I hope you all are well:-)