Friday 19 October 2012

A new shop, an "old" friend....

This afternoon Andrew and I went to town. As we dandered along by the Fountain centre I decided to go in and check out a shop that I have passed by a few times without ever going in. I just got through the door of the shop when I bumped into an "old" friend - Etta. 

It was so lovely to see her again. We stood and chatted for a few minutes and then decided we would go get a hot chocolate. We both didn´t have much time but a half an hour over a delicious hot chocolate was just wonderful! It was really great to see her in person again. (Thanks Etta for the chocolate and chat - I really enjoyed catching up again!) (Notice again that I forgot to get  a photo and I had my camera in my bag - aarrrghhhhh! :-)

While we were away catching up with each other Andrew went to Primark to see if he could find any bargins. He didn´t find anything he liked but he did end up getting a hair cut for just £9! Now that was a bargin compared to Danish prices! He looks well and is really pleased with his new hair cut.

Dad was at the hospital this morning. We both were up early and at the hospital for 8.30am! He got platelets again and by 10am the platelets were all finished. We thought we would soon be heading home, however they then decided to give dad a top up of blood too.  So a unit of blood had to be ordered. This mean´t he would be in the hospital a little while longer.  He got his blood and is now feeling really good having got platelets and blood. Lets hope he  has a great weekend without any nose bleeds.

The nurses in the hospital are really fantastic. They are so caring and helful, they really do a fantastic job! 

This evening we have all been soooo lazy. We have sat and watched TV and films. I couldn´t stay awake long enough to see the end of the film. I fell asleep on the sofa. Now I think it´s time for me to get myself off to bed.

It´s been a lovely day once again:-)


1 comment:

Etta said...

Lovely to see you both today and boy was I glad for the chance to sit down for a wee while! Enjoy the rest of your trip and love to your dad.