Friday 12 October 2012

Back again....

Back again in the land of Blog! I haven´t been on here much over the last few weeks,  that is basically due to exhaustion! haha Working full time and then getting things organised in two homes has taken its toll on me! I now realise I am not as young as I think I am! haha

Our days have been packed full. All of our things are now here in the new place. We have emptied loads of boxes but there are still loads of boxes needing to be emptied. We have just too much stuff! Thank goodness we now have a big garage to store everything in.

The keys to our old apartment will be handed in on Monday so we have spent the last few days cleaning it all up. I don´t think it has ever been this clean!

We lived for 14½ years in that apartment and we made many happy memories there. It´s strange not to call it home anymore but we are also so excited about our new home. I just know we will make many more happy memories there. Once again a new chapter is beginning in our lives!

   Kristian has worked so hard on our kitchen. It is nearly finished. At long last we have an oven again and the dishwasher is up and running. I am so proud of my wee hubby. He has achieved so much and most of it he did alone. Thank goodness for YouTube, anything he didn´t know he looked up there!



 I still need to sew the curtains for the window in the kitchen.....uummhh that might take me a while, sewing is not my favourite activity!

We also have a few lamps to get up and a few panels to put on to finish it all off, but all in all I think it´s looking good. I love it:-)

So in the middle of this moving other things have been happening.....

Andrew is learning to drive and last Friday he passed his theory in driving, this means he can now do his practical test. He can´t wait to have his licence. If all goes well he should have it by the end of the month. I really hope he gets it, an extra taxi driver will always come in handy especially now that we are living out in the country. 

Sara loves living in Aarhus. She has started her new job and loves it. She is working in a shoe shop/coffee shop. It is a shop that has just recently opened so she is helping to get it off the ground.At the moment she has a sore throat because of some sort of virus. She will come home to visit us at the start of November. We can´t wait to see her again and to also show her the new place.

It is now Autumn break which means Leah, Andrew and I have free for the week! Just what we need! Kristian was able to get a few days off too, so he will have off Monday and Tuesday. This means we can get a few more things organised here in the new place.
                                                                                                       

2 comments:

Etta said...

Really glad to hear the latest Laura - it's looking fantastic. what colour are you thinking about for the curtains? Every blessing in the new home :o)

Laura said...

The curtains are black and white check...hope I can get them done soon:-) It has been fun but now we just want to be organised so we can have a life again:-)