Saturday 27 October 2012

I love....

....weekends!

It was a short week for me at work. I only had a 4 day week as I arrived back here in Denmark late Monday evening. after a great few days with dad. As usual the time in Ireland went by too quickly. 

Even though I had only 4 days to work, I was longing for the weekend:-)

So our weekend started with a wonderful long lie in! I woke at 9.30am, which is just wonderful when I normally get up at 6am! It was a beautiful morning and so Kristian and I decided that before getting breakfast, or even getting ready for the day, that we would go a walk down the lane to see the sheep. 

 This is the kind of nature that is surrounding us. You go out the front door, walk about 5 metres to the lane, turn right and walk about 20 metres and you arrive here  Beautiful:-)
 It was cold but sunny.

 Things at the house are slowly coming together. Today we got a few more boxes emptied. We still have a load of boxes in the garage to empty, yet everything we need is now in the house, so some serious clearing out needs to be done!

The kitchen is more or less finished. I still need to get my curtain made. Maybe tomorrow I will make a start on it.....mmmhhh let´s see:-)




On Wedenseday at work I saw this wonderful piece of art lying out the back beside the bins. (see below) I went in and asked my boss who it belonged to. He said it was no ones, it was being thrown out! I asked if I coud have it - YES! So now I have a unquie piece of art in my dining area! (Yes it is a tree!)

 It is not totally finished yet. The idea is that we will mount it on another piece of wood so the branches actually touch the ceiling, so it looks like it is going through the ceiling. I need to clean off some more of the bark and then clean it up. I hope to put lights on it and move the cabinet a little over to give it more room. In the end I think it will look really cool! I really love it, I think it is just so beautiful. (Kristian just shook his head when he saw it and heard of my idea. He really is a gem letting me be so crazy.)

 This is our bathroom. We haven´t done too much to it. We did take  those awful cupboards away that were there. We cleaned it up and bought a new shower curtain and mat. I actually like it. It´s big and roomie and also lovely and warm!

'
So that´s about all there is to tell about the house at the minute. 

Other breaking news is that Andrew did his driving test on Wednesday and failed:-( Oh he was so disappointed. My heart went out to him. He passed his theory a few weeks back so he was really hoping he would pass his practical driving first time round. Unfortunately he didn´t. It is sooo expensive to take your test here. We thought it cost 800kr (about 80 pounds) but it turns out it costs 1500kr (about 150 pounds!) It is total robbery! Anyway a new date has been set and he hopes that he will do better this time and not be as nervous. He wants to hear the words "passed" and not "failed" next time around:-)

No comments: