Friday 7 December 2012

A hygge dag......

In Denmark the Danes have a word called "hygge"  which, in some ways, is hard to translate. It means cosy, yet it means so much more than that! It is such a great word!!! Yesterday I had a "hygge" dag with my friend Rhona. It was just soooo "hyggeligt" (sooo cosy+++more!!)

We had arranged to meet after work. We were going out to celebrate Rhona´s birthday which is today! Happy Birthday Rhona! I took her to my favourite café, Café Valentine,  which she had never been too.

We had a great afternoon, eating the most delicious food, chatting and catching up with each others lives. It was really special. A really hyggelig day.

When we were finished it was dark. The town was just so beautiful, all lit up with Christmas lights. Once again it was sooooo hyggelig!! We did a quick bit of shopping before heading home.



At home Kristian and the kids had eaten dinner. The house was all cleared up, so all I had to do was come home, put my feet up and relax on the sofa. I got hold of my book and was ready for a evening of reading, but before I knew it, I was in the land of Nod! (I am still trying to recover from last weekend.) I actually got to bed early last night and was 20 minutes earlier at work today, which meant I could leave 20 minutes earlier to head home! 

Now it´s weekend!!!! Tomorrow (Saturday) I am going out shopping with my friend Audry, a tradition we started about 4 years ago! I am sooo looking forward to a day out at Rødovre Centre, a shopping centre close to Copenhagen. It will be another hyggelig dag!

No comments: