Monday 17 December 2012

Back to Cornflakes again....

No, no that´s not the saying, I mean back to porridge again! I am back in Denmark!

I had a lovely weekend with dad, even though most of it was spent at the hospital.  My aunt Kathleen and Gillian came up to see dad at the hospital on Saturday afternoon so I got to see them too, which was great.

Dad and I had planned to exchange gifts Saturday afternoon and just have a cosy "mini" Christmas together. Since he wasn´t home I came to the hospital with all the gifts and we had our "mini" Christmas there. I`ll admit it wasn´t as cosy as his wee house (the decor was the main problem!!) but it was fun. I think dad liked all his wee surprises!

Dad sure had a room with a view. He could see all over Belfast being on the 7th floor. Although I must say that I will never understand the designers of hospitals. Can they make the place any more drabby? Not to mention the orange walls and bright blue doors!!! You think you´re feeling bad when you arrive?! After experiencing the hospital colours and decor for a few days you will surely be feeling 10 times worse!

Sunday  morning found me up at the hospital again. I only had a short time with dad as I had to get the 12 o´clock bus to Dublin. The trip home went like clockwork. I was flying with Aerlingus this time, they have just recently starting flying from Copenhagen to Dublin. I had to depart from terminal 2 this time and that was new for me. I liked exploring this new terminal and the flight with Aerlingus was great! Can´t wait to use them again!

Meanwhile back at home (home in Denmark)......

Kristian and Leah were out buying the Christmas tree. We hope to get it decorated some night this week!



Then Sheldon the Snowman had a meltdown......

I think he was missing me too much!! haha

When I arrived back here last night (Sunday) most of the snow was gone. I actually wouldn´t mind another wee drop of snow, not too much, just a little to help with the Christmas atmosphere:-)

Today I was up early again and back to work. I have only 4 more days to work and then it´s Christmas break. I can hardly wait!!!
 

No comments: