Friday 28 December 2012

Date day....

...with my hubby.



Today was our day. We left home at lunchtime and headed to one of the nearby towns. We had a gift card for one of our favourite Italian restaurants so we decided to do lunch there. It´s more value for money at lunchtime. We were able to get, for the both of us,  a 3 course meal.  In the evening we would only have gotten a main course for the same price. It was delicious and we enjoyed having time together to just relax and talk. 

Kristian´s present from me at Christmas was a day out for a make over. So this day had been planned already from the 25th! He was in need of new clothes but when I was doing the Christmas shopping I was so unsure of  what size to buy him. Sometimes he needs large, other times extra large, my head was away looking at clothes and trying to guess if they would fit. That´s when I had the idea of giving him a gift card for  - "a date day out for a make over". Plus I knew things would be so much cheaper after Christmas and the Scottish blood in me just wouldn´t let me buy him something that I could get for half price or more after Christmas! haha 

So today was his day. We went around all the mens shops and we found some great bargins! He got a new coat for 20 pounds!! A lovely one at that, a bit more of a dressy coat that he can use at work. We saved 50 pounds! See what I mean about waiting till after Christmas! He also got a few new shirts - also half price! I had a very happy hubby and also a very handsome one in his new clothes! 


No comments: