Monday 3 December 2012

December ALREADY!!!!

I just can´t believe we are already into December! Life as usual is busy and the weeks just go by all too quickly. Last Tuesday I was visiting my old lady friend then Wednesday we had some friends over for coffee and cake. Thursday after work I was off shopping for things that we needed for our musical weekend at church and Thursday evening was spent packing!

Friday after work it was home to collect all the packed stuff  so that I could be at church for 5pm! Every year we hold a musical weekend for the children. We all meet at the church Friday evening and spend the weekend practising songs, dance and lines for our yearly musical. This is my 4th year to help and this time the musical was called - Sofie´s Christmas. A play written by my friend at church. The worship leader wrote 9 songs for the musical! They did a fantastic job!

So 21 kids and 3 adults were gathered for a weekend of fun and fellowship. I was in charge of the creative team so I had 3 teenagers to help me paint backgrounds to be used in the musical.

 (Above and below you can see a little of what we got painted.)

So basically I had a great weekend painting away. We had Christmas music blasting from the CD player and we had a lot of fun and laughter. 

On Sunday morning it was the children who were in charge of the service. There was an opening hymn and then it was over to the musical which lasted for about an hour. They did a great job. I really do love being away on this weekend. When it was all over I was exhausted but happy.

So after church we had planned to go home and decorate the house for Christmas. However as we drove home we changed our minds a bit. We had had the first fall of snow. It was really cold (-8) but so clear, sunny and beautiful. Kristian suggested that we go for a walk first and explore the area, then when it got darker, decorate the house. I thought it was a great idea and Leah was all for it too. Andrew wasn´t too keen on going for a walk though, so he cleaned his room instead!(Now I would much rather go a walk than clean!! weird boy I have! haha)

Leah invited Mia along. ( Laura, unfortunately was not able to join us as she was going to play at a church service.) Mia joined us and we four had such a beautfiul walk through the woods at the back of our home. It was sooo cold but the sun was out and the nature was just so beautiful. Check out some of the pictures.....





(We had a bit of a snowball fight!)



 (Our wee house above.)

 I really have to get myself a new headband! This looks like I have a bandage on my head! haha







It was then home to decorate the house with Christmas things! The Christmas music was playing away and we were having fun trying to find out where to put all the different things. Kristian, Leah and Mia always had a different opinion than me! I was ready to throw them all out! haha



Then Laura arrived home and we decided to all eat dinner together and end the evening with a Christmas movie. I, unfortunately, didn´t see much of the movie! I fell asleep about half way through and was a goner until the others woke me when it was all over! I had had a hard weekend! haha

 Laura´s cat Bert, has taken a liking to us! (And we just love him - he is so loving!)He comes over to visit from time to time. At first Shadow and him were not too happy with each other. Now Bert is not bothered by Shadow but Shadow is still a bit wary of Bert. Maybe one day they will both be friends and cuddle up on the sofa together for a long nap!

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

What fantastic photos Laura! I'm putting one of them on my screensaver now!!

Etta Wils said...

ah snow.... am envious. It looks like a really lovely place to live Laura. Was up at the GB old girls' tonight - good to see so many familiar faces.