Wednesday 8 April 2015

It´s all back to normal......

After a great Easter holiday, life is all back to normal again. We started back to work and college on Tuesday and it already feels like the holidays ended weeks ago! Roll on the next few days off!

On Sunday evening on the way to bed, Kristian said to me, "I think I will get up at 6am tomorrow and go for a walk with my camera, see if I can get some good shots." The weather forecast looked good for Monday. I told him he was crazy, but to have fun,  I wasn´t going to join him!!! I wanted a long lie in, after all it was the last day of our holiday!!

When I saw the photos that he took I really wished I had gone with him and experienced the sunrise LIVE!!!



We are sooo blessed to live in this beautiful area with forest on one side and lakes on the other. All within a short walking distance.




The rest of Monday was spent cleaning up around the place. Kristian worked outside in the garden and I worked inside getting the house cleaned for a new week. It didn´t take us long to get things organised. Kristian then went for a bike ride and I went out into my painting room and messed about with some paints. Didn´t make a great masterpiece but just tried different methods and technics.


I also found some old files that were filled with water paintings and drawings that I had done a good few years ago! I had totally forgotten about them.









Tuesday after work we had invited some friends over for cake and coffee. (We are doing rather well at keeping our new years resolution about inviting more people over for dinner or cake and coffee.)

Last night it was an older couple that used to lead the church that we went to when our children were small. We went to this church for many years.

(A few years back the church decided to merge with another two churches. This was the church that I wrote about a few days ago when I discovered the building had just been demolished.) This wee church will always have a special place in my heart.  It was my second home, a place I felt that I belonged, an oasis for my soul. 

Well, we haven´t seen these old friends for a while and it was sooo wonderful to have an evening together with them. It was just so special to see them. They left late in the evening, yet it seemed like they had only stayed half an hour, the evening had just gone by far too quickly.

What a blessing it is to have friends!

No comments: