Friday 17 April 2015

Just believe.....

This evening I was reading Psalm 23 and it just blessed my heart. It´s a Psalm I know well, but reading it this evening from the New Living Translation it just blessed me anew.

Psalm 23  

The Lord is my shepherd, I have all I need. He lets me rest in green meadows, He leads me beside peaceful streams, He renews my strength. He guides me along right paths bringing honor to his name. Even when I walk through the darkest valley I will not be afraid for you are close beside me. Your rod and staff protect and comfort me. You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies. You honor me by anointing my head with oil. My cup overflows with blessings. Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life and I will live in the house of the Lord forever!!

Just wonderful words! It made me think that if us Christians (ME!!) really believed what we read in our Bibles we would worry a whole lot less and be filled with praise a whole lot more.
(speaking to myself here!!) God is sooo fantastic and He has given us soooo many wonderful promises through out the Bible that we just need to take hold of and believe!!

Thank you God that you are my shepherd - you are all that I need! You look after me, you give me what I need, not only spiritually but physically, so I don´t need to worry about anything!!  Thank you that in times past when I have felt weary in my soul you have renewed my strength, when the storms of life have raged about me, you have given me your peace and joy at a time when there was nothing to be peaceful or joyful about. That is an amazing thing to experience!!  Thanks for guiding me throughout my life with each decision I have had to make - guide me still and help me to obey what it is you show me to do. Thank you for your rod and staff....for your comfort in hard times, for your protection and love. I really don´t have to fear anything cause I am never alone! (Remind me of this when I go through those hard time, remind me when I forget!) This is soooo fantastic!  You, the God of the universe, the God who speaks and things are formed is with me!! WOW I am amazed. What a great God you are. I love you. Amen xo

No comments: