Thursday 2 April 2015

Clocks go forward, weather goes backwards....

So we woke up on Tuesday morning to gray skies, sleet, a gale and freezing temperatures. One of our main bridges was closed for the morning because of falling icicles!! Not exactly the sort of Easter holiday weather that we had planned.

We had hoped for sun and warmer temperatures. Our plan was to change our fences while off work. They are badly in need of a change. We thought we could spend some of the first days of the Easter holidays getting new ones put up and painted. The weather destoryed that plan!

So since we couldn´t do what we had planned we decided to go out and have some fun instead. It was the perfect day for a shopping trip and a visit to the cinema.

We decided to head to Copenhagen to one of the big shopping centres. 

Kristian had a surprise for me. He was the first one out in the car and when I came out and opened the door to get in, there on the seat was an envelope. It wasn´t silver but it had written on it, in Danish, "silver envelope" - Happy Easter. I was sooo shocked and amused. What had my hubby planned. 


Well there was no note with a poem on it, but there was a note of another kind. A money note! Kristian gave me a wee gift of money so I could buy myself something nice on our shopping trip out. It was soooo sweet of him. He just wanted to do something nice for me. Well he succeeded there.

So now I had a bit of spending money for our wee day out. We headed to a shopping centre near the airport and there we stayed for a few hours. I bought myself a dvd with some of the money but didn´t find anything else that I liked, so I still have a little left to spend. 

When we had had enough with the shopping, went and had KFC for dinner. We don´t get to eat that too often. There is no KFC close to us so it was a real treat. (Love KFC!!!) Then we headed to the cinema. We saw the film called Selma about Martin Luther King. What a good film it was. A bit of a tough film to watch, and I admit that I had a bit of a cry through it.



It was then home to our cosy warm house. The weather outside was still just as wild as when we left home that afternoon. We were feeling very thankful for the roof we had over our head!

Today (Wednesday) has been all go. Kristian had to go and practise with some of our friends for a concert they are giving at a church on Thursday. Then he had to head into the go-kart shop to help out there. Meanwhile I was busy at home. I had a pile of washing to do, cleaning and organising to get sorted and some food shopping to do too, The shops are closed here on Thursday and Friday and since Sara and Christian are coming to spend Easter along with Camilla I had a lot of food to get in.


At one stage this afternoon, my friend Laura popped by with her new gadget! A steamer. We had a lot of fun steaming everything from the windows to the tiles in the shower. It worked well!

Camilla arrived for dinner and a few hours later Sara and Christian arrived. We now have a full house until Sunday late afternoon! It´s sooo nice to have them all here. Hopefully we will have some cosy times over the next few days and if the weather turns, we might even get to go on some picnic trips. Here´s hoping! 

No comments: