Monday 20 April 2015

Up at the crack of dawn.....

Saturday morning and I was up at the crack of dawn. In fact Kristian and Andrew were up along with me. At 5.30am our alarm clocks rang one after the other. Kristian was getting up to head to the go-kart track, he had to be there by 7am. Andrew was heading to work. He works as a postman every Saturday, so he had to be there by 6.15am. I was up because I too had to be at work. We had a work day at school so the parents could come and help do some work on the playground. I was going in to make coffee, serve snacks and prepare and clear up lunch for them all. I was at work at 6.30am to get things organised.
 
It was a beautiful day and being up early meant that I got to enjoy a beautiful sunrise while driving to work.
 


In between serving the parents with refreshments I decided to clean the library. I went a bit mad and climbed up and down ladders to give the lamps a good clean. They really needed it and it felt sooo good to get them done!!


When I got home from work on Saturday afternoon, I headed straight over to Laura´s house. Her new sofa had arrived, and I couldn´t wait to see it. It came a little earlier than expected as it was due to arrive in the middle of May. We had planned to paint and do a few things around the place before it arrived but now we will just have to do all our plans with the sofa in the room. It looks sooo good! It´s going to look even better when we paint and re-arrange some of the furniture! She was a very happy person!

Saturday evening found Andrew and Leah on dates with their other halves. I was feeling left out, I had no date!! Kristian was going to play his sax at a Silver Wedding Anniversary party so I was home alone. I love having these alone times too, so I enjoyed those few hours of peace and quiet before I decided to head over to Laura again and sit on her sofa. We ended up watching a film and I got to bed way to late!

Sunday was my day of rest. I did nothing. I read, listened to some Bible teaching and just enjoyed being home after a busy week and a busy Saturday. Now another week has started and I am ready to face it with renewed strength!

No comments: