Saturday 22 August 2015

Home sweet home.....

....is where I got to stay this weekend while my hubby was off to Sweden on a go-kart training weekend. I don´t know how he keeps going - but he does!! I am just thankful it is not me who has to go away so much! I love my wee home and I love hanging out at home sweet home!

So life has settled down again after the drama of Wednesday. The insurance companies have been contacted along with all the ones involved. Andrew and I have also gotten over all the different emotions that we were going through. I was even nervous driving on Thursday morning, I was looking out for bikes everywhere! 

Thursday morning my neighbour was off work so I got to borrow her car to get to work, otherwise I would have needed to get the bus at 5.28am. After getting another two buses and a train, I would have gotten to work for 7am!! Yes, we sure do live in the country! 

I could have biked 10km to the station but then I probably wouldn´t have been able to do a thing at work due to exhaustion!! haha

I was wondering what I would do on Friday about a car, Kristian was planning to work at home so I could take his car but then he realised he had some important meetings, so he couldn´t work from home. He needed his car to get to the meetings. 

We came up with a  plan.  Kristian was going to get up early and drive me to work (which is 20km in the opposite direction to his work) before going to work himself. Then something wonderful happened -  my mother-in-law rang to say that we could come down and get her car and use it until my car was finished at the workshop. What a fantastic woman she is!! She suddenly made my life a lot easier! So Andrew went and collected his Granny´s car so we would have transport!

Friday after work I needed a treat, so my colleague and I arranged to meet up in town and get an ice cream. A new Italian ice cream parlour had opened and we had heard good things about it, so we wanted to try it out for ourselves. We were not disappointed. The ice cream was delicious!


Kristian was first going to Sweden Saturday morning so we had Friday night together at home. I made some food and after we had eaten we put on the first DVD from the TV series - Matador. We watched two episodes and really enjoyed it. I am now getting to know the different characters. 

Today Kristian was up at 6am to leave for Sweden. I was awake too so I thought I would get up and get an early start on the day. I got the whole house cleaned, beds changed, washing done and organised and by 10.30am I was ready to go out. (I love when I can go out and leave a lovely clean home to come back too. This I  accomplished today.)

So this morning my neighbour and I were going to look at some kittens. After Laura heard that we were getting a wee kitten, it put her in the mood for one too. We have some other friends that also have kittens so we were going to see them and see if Laura would like one of them. She wanted a girl and they only had one girl.

 The little girl kitten really took a liking to Laura and her daughter







 Now we have got to find a name for this wee lassie! 

We got home early afternoon and so I spent some time out in the garden cutting some of the hedge. I did a little food shopping too and then Andrew and I had a quiet dinner together. Leah was working and then was going to visit her friend Cecilie.

This evening I watched a film - The Hundred Foot Journey. What a sweet film it was. I really enjoyed it. 

Now I am off to bed with one of my new books....aahhhh life is good!!!

No comments: