Friday 28 August 2015

Surprises for me......

Friday at work my colleagues surprised me...

They all knew that this Tuesday would be my Silver wedding anniversary and that Kristian and I had planned a trip to Rome to celebrate. They decided to surprise me with a small celebration on Friday. I was sooo overwhelmed by it all. I was not expecting anything.




It started at breaktime with the head of our school coming in with a bunch of flowers for me, along with a gift card for the shop where I bought all my new dishes a few weeks back. (They actually listen to me at work when I babble away about things and they knew there were a few more things that I was wishing.) This was a gift from the teachers and the leaders of the school. It was such a kind thing for them to do.
Then at lunch time when I came in to eat lunch, our room was decorated with flags and there was another present on my table. I was totally taken by surprise. This time it was my close colleagues that I work along with everyday, that had surprised me with a gift.

It was a gift card for an overnight stay with breakfast at a hotel of our choice.  I was totally blown away by this and their kindness really touched my heart. I feel soooo blessed to have these wonderful people in my life day in and day out.


So after work on Friday, I rushed home because Kristian and I were heading to the airport. Friday afternoon we said goodbye to Denmark and Hello to Rome!!!

We are in Rome for 5 days and looking forward to all the things we are going to experience there.



No comments: