Saturday 15 August 2015

Weekend!!!!

But where did the week go? It doesn´t seem that long ago that it was Monday!! I´m not complaining though  - I am sooo happy that it´s Saturday. I LOVE my weekends!

A lot of good and exciting things have happened this week.....

On Monday our niece Sigrid got engaged to her Casper!! We are so happy for them. Casper is a lovely fella, who seems to fit in well with everyone in the family. It was all sooo romantic and I LOVE a good romantic story.

They went to Paris for a weeks holiday. Monday morning they got up early and went to Montmarte to watch the sun rise over Paris, (now how romantic is that?!!) it was here he asked the all important question and thankfully she said yes! Hopefully we have a wedding to attend soon!! :-)


Meanwhile back in Denmark we were getting on with everyday life. Monday evening I had a trip to Ikea with my friend Audry. As always we had a great night with a lot of chatter and catching up.

Wednesday, after work, my friend Anne came to visit with her wee son, David. He had been wanting to come and play. David seemed to really enjoy himself, especially when Andrew got home and could hang out with him. We spent the afternoon together and then they stayed for dinner. It was sooo good to catch up with Anne again too.


 Another great thing was that she brought a bag of her unwanted clothes. Anne LOVES to shop for clothes and she has good taste! I was thrilled with the stuff I got. There were only 3 pairs of trousers and a blouse that I couldn´t use.  Now I have to organise my wardrobe all because Anne organised hers!! haha But I´m not complaining, I have some lovely things to wear that I didn´t have to go to the shops to find (I hate shopping for clothes!) and they didn´t even cost me a thing!

After dinner Laura came over and spent some time with us too.  It was such a cosy evening. Anne went home early in the evening as David had to get to bed, school has started again!

Its also been an emotional week for Sara (and also for us.) One of her good friends went missing.  She was worried about him. Eventually the police were contacted. Sara has been doing an amazing job posting stuff on the internet, talking to the authorities, talking to the organisations that help find missing people, and she has even been on the radio making appeals.

We were all very emotional at the start of the week, hoping that he hadn´t done anything drastic. Finally at the end of the week his parents had word from him that he was alive and well. I was so proud of Sara for the way she handled it all. She is one girl worth having as a friend.



I have spent the day, once again, organising!! I am slowly going through the whole house and organising cupboards. It´s amazing the amount of stuff you gather together. Today was the kitchen. I organised all the cupboards and am glad to say I am finished with that!! I cleared out a lot of stuff that was hidden away at the back of cupboards!! It feels sooo good to have it all done!

 One major job still to do, is my painting studio. It is a mess out there, loads of our stuff has just been dumped there, so we need a major clearing out. I think that´s a job for when Kristian is around to help me haul and lift everything.

Kristian has gone this weekend to Jutland, the other side of Denmark. He left on Friday after work to help at the go-kart race. There are many races over the next few weekends, so we won´t see too much of each other but that´s ok because at the end of August, we head off to Rome for 5 days to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. I am sooo looking forward to seeing Rome, but I´m also looking forward to having my hubby all to myself for 5 whole days! NO GO-KART RACES!! :-)


This evening Leah and I were the only ones at home so we decided to have a girly night. I made some salmon with pasta and a salad, which we ate in front of the the TV. Then we cuddled up together  and watched a film (we ate our Snickers and drank our Pepsi! Delicious!) We decided we would see an old film from a few years back - "A walk to remember". Oh my, I had forgotten the storyline and how sad it was. I cried my eyes out!! It was a great night!! I love a good cry at a movie!

No comments: