Sunday 9 August 2015

While the cats away......

You know that old saying "while the cats away, the mouse will play." Well if Kristian was a cat, that would then make me a mouse and you have probably guessed that he was gone this weekend and therefore I got to play - what fun I had!

There was a go-kart race which Kristian had to attend so he left early Saturday morning and was first home late Saturday night. I decided that would be a good time to re-organise our bedroom!!

A while back I put my piano out in my painting room, as I thought there was just too much furniture in the livingroom. I hadn´t played it for a while and so didn´t think I would miss it. I thought if I ever wanted to play I could just go out there  but I never felt like going out there, especially in the dark, cold winter nights. 

Over the last months I have actually really missed it. There was no room for it in the living room and I was wrecking my brains as to where I could put it, then I had an idea - our bedroom!! If we turned the bed around there would be room for it!

I had told Kristian my idea. Was he willing to give up a bedside table so I could have a piano in the bedroom? Was he willing to sleep on the inside again and have to climb over me to get into bed? (I usually go to bed before him and I am up before him!) I have such a sweet hubby, he really is one in a million for even though he loved our bedroom as it was, he said he was willing to give it up so I could have my piano. So Saturday morning when I awoke I started the re-arranging of the room.


So our bedroom went from this (which I also really loved) to......


To this below. I actually like this too, it does make the room seem bigger :-)

 It was great to go through all our things  and sort stuff out. I took everything out and hoovered every nook and cranny. It sure felt good!

I am sooo happy to have my piano in the house again. It has been sooo great to sit this evening and play my heart out. Oh how I have missed it, how could I think that I could live without it?

(Now that I have my hobby things ready for winter - the piano is ready, the flute is ready, my Kindle is ready with loads of books for me to read, my sewing and knitting baskets are ready too and a few DVDs are also ready if I feel like a film night, bring on the autumn and winter - I am soooo ready for it! :-)

I am slowly going through the house organising everything, I love doing this at this time of year!  The living room, dining room and bedroom are organised. I also got half the cupboards in the kitchen cleared out and organised this evening, so I only have the other half to do later on this week. Next weekend I want to start clearing up and reorganising  my painting room and our storage room. I am so looking forward to doing that!

This afternoon we were invited to our friend´s house for coffee and birthday cake. Thomas has a birthday on Tuesday but his wife arranged a surpirse party for him this afternoon. She had invited a bunch of his friends to come and celebrate him today. We were among that bunch! The weather was fantastic and we spent the afternoon out in the garden drinking coffee/tea and eating the most delicious birthday cakes. It was a lovely afternoon with Thomas and it was also great to meet some of his other friends.

No comments: