Friday 7 August 2015

It´s that time of year again.....

...time to start the birthday celebrations in our family. Andrew kicked it off on Wednesday.

He turned 22 this week!! I can´t believe 22 years have gone by, it seems like only yesterday he was this tiny baby!! 

 Andrew and Camilla had been over visiting Sara and Christian for a few days so Andrew wasn´t home for us to do our normal morning traditions but they arrived home late Wednesday afternoon and we had Andrew´s present sitting waiting on him. 


We then got ready to go out to dinner. We had the most delicious meal and a real cosy time out together. 

We tried to take a few selfies.....not very good! Kristian wasn´t with us as he had to work at the go-kart shop as his friend was on holiday. (He had forgotten, when he arranged this work night, that it was Andrew´s birthday!!)
It was then home for Birthday cake. Kristian arrived home shortly after this and was able to have a slice of the cake with us!


The cake tasted good. Andrew really enjoyed his evening. Just the way he likes it - quiet without a lot of fuss. The rest of us enjoyed the evening too! (I know I sure did!)

The first week at work is now over. It has been a hard week!! Getting back into the routine of things takes a bit of time. Off course the weather totally changed this week - summer arrived (just typical!!) The sun has been out all week and we have had temperatures between 22 and 27 degrees!!  Just awful working in the heat!! But thankfully the first week is over, we survived and it´s now weekend!!



We did something crazy this week!! We bought our new dining room table. We were sooo nervous about getting it. We walked around the shop for ages wondering if we should or shouldn´t buy it! We wondered if it would look good in our room, would it be too big? We had soooo many doubts yet we decided that we would just buy it anyway and if it didn´t look right or we didn´t like it in the house, we would just have to live with it!! We came to the conclusion that it would be better than the table we had, (it was sooo narrow that it annoyed us all the time.) At least at this new table we would have room to serve the food.

Well I am glad to say that we love it!! It looked huge at first, but now we have gotten used to it, we don´t think about the size. The best thing is, - there is room for all the serving dishes. Now I can´t wait to invite a few friends over to have dinner!


As soon as we had the table in the house, we set the table and tested out the serving dishes to see how much space we had. WOW it was amazing - there was soooo much space! There is room for flowers, decorations, plates, glasses and serving plates and dishes on this table!!! I totally love that! 

There is also a story about the dishes in the photo. 

I have LOVED these serving dishes for years. Every Christmas while out shopping with my friend Audry, I would always look at them and tell Audry how much I would love them. The only problem was the price. They were sooo exspensive!! Audry and I would talk about how we should, come January, just buy one item a month and then by the end of the year we would have 12 things! Sounded like a good idea but when it came to January I could never justify using soooo much money on one serving bowl or dish. 


Well during the week I went into the supermarket to buy bread! ONLY BREAD!! In the supermarket I did only buy bread, but when I left the supermarket I had to walk through a shopping centre to get to my car. Here is where my plan of only buying bread changed! 

I decided to go into this one shop that sold kitchen/dining room stuff. It was here I saw the red dishes again, but this time there was a sale on them!! The prices were crazy!!! I was getting tempted. 

The girl in the shop told me that the sale would end on Sunday - I sooo needed to buy these dishes while they were still on sale!!! So I decided to buy two of the cheapest dishes to start my collection, however as I stood in line to pay something took over my brain, I could not think straight, I went a little crazy and before long I somehow ended up with all the items above, packed in bags, in my arms along with my bread!!! Plus my credit card was burning red!!! 

I got all the dishes for just under 50 pounds and I saved 120 pounds doing that!!! I couldn´t believe it!! What a bargin!!! I love a good bargin. 

When I got home I put everything out on the table to show Kristian. I told him I had gotten tempted and had gone a little mad. Then I pointed to the soup bowl and said that that alone had cost 50 pounds. (that was true, the orginal price was 50 pounds!!!) I though he would be a little upset at this, but he knows me too well. He looked at me and smiled and said "You would never pay 50 pounds for one item, there must have been a sale!"  Yes he knows how much I love my bargins!

But just as a precaution I am not going anywhere near that shop again until after Sunday!!!

No comments: