Sunday 31 August 2008

I need help

Tomorrow is my 18th wedding anniversary and I am so unprepared!!

Usually I have a few surprises up my sleeve, but this time I am blank! I haven´t even bought a card!! So I need help, serious help!!I have given you all my crazy romantic ideas here on the blog, is there anyone in cyberworld who can throw a few ideas my way??? I will have a few hours tomorrow afternoon to organise something. I get home from work at 3pm, so between 3 and 5 I can work on something - but what? (Kristian will probably be home around 5)


Tomorrow Krisitan also starts his new job. He´s a little nervous, but he´s also so looking forward to starting. I am just so thankful that he has got this job. It´s been a hard few months, mostly on him, but we have really tried to trust God and praise Him through it all. God still had control of the situation.


I am doing this study on the names of God. It is sooo good. Names in Bible time meant something. It would tell you something about the persons nature and character. The names of God can tell us something about Him. I started with the name ELOHIM - God, Mighty Creator, and I got this sense of wonder at God´s creative power! What a God who made such a beautiful world.


But what really spoke to me was the next few names that I studied....EL ROI, The God who see´s me - El SHADDI, God Almighty - YAHWEH YIREH, The Lord will provide. Those last three really spoke to me, maybe because of the situation we were in with Kristian.


El roi, the God who see´s me, - isn´t this just wonderful. No matter what happens, what situation we are in God see´s. I am not out of his watchful eye, even when I feel alone, when I feel He´s not there, He is there! He see´s me!! (I am learning not to live after my feelings.) I might "feel" that I am alone, that God is not there, but I shouldn´t go on these feelings. I need to go on what God´s word says, and it tells me that God see´s me and He has promised NEVER to leave me.

El Shaddi - Almighty God, He can do anything and He can help me in the situation that I am in because He´s mighty. Nothing is impossible for Him. AMEN - How I need to be reminded of this - often!! So many times I know this truth in my head, but I really need to know it in my heart. My God CAN do anything!!


Yahweh Yireh - He´s my provider. He has promised to give me everything I need. So why worry about tomorrow, why worry about the situation you´re in. God will provide!! Isn´t it good to know that God see´s us, know´s what we are going through and He is mighty and powerful enough to be able to change our situation and He can provide everything we need. (Not just material things, but peace and joy in the middle of a crisis!) AMEN


OK I am going to stop.....sometimes I get a bit carried away!! I hope that these names maybe can speak to you like they did to me.Remember to get back to me with idea´s - PLEASE!

Check out this song - great words and I love the melody too....


No comments: