Wednesday 20 August 2008

The Rasmussen Family


.... so after having revealed my innermost crazy thoughts to cyber world, (see yesterdays post) I thought I better make a more sensible post today. I am not all crazy - believe me, I can be sensible from time to time, really, I can!!


So it´s been a while since you heard something about my family. What have they been up to?


Well Leah and Andrew have started back to school - already 1 week has gone.


It´s Andrew´s last year at school (-that is one fact my brain has a hard time understanding!! haha ) He likes school, so he is quite happy and content going off in the mornings. The same can be said of Leah. We are lucky to have children who enjoy their school. (makes life easy for us parents.)


Sara started college last week. She was excited about starting. Already after the first day she came home sooo happy for the class she is in. She thinks it will be a good group. She meet a guy in the class who used to go to our church.. They haven´t seen each other in years, but he recongised Sara. They got talking and Sara found out that he is a Christian. Nice for her that there is another Christian in her class. So she is also enjoying school. She also got herself an after school job in an exspensive shoe shop (one shop I wont be buying anything in!) . She will work Tuesdays and Thursdays - 3 hours each time. She was sooo pleased to get the job. She went for an interview and was asked all sorts of tough questions.....so she was all chuffed with herself that she got it.


Kristian is now offically unemployed!! (Not something he is very happy about!) but he is hanging in there. He has a possible job lined up, however he would have to work 4 days in Sweden and 1 day in Copenhagen. (he´s ok with that, it would take just under 1 hour to drive to the office in Sweden.) He has a week to think things through before he has to give them his answer. He is waiting to see what happens as he has another job interview this Friday in another company. This is his second interview there and this company is only 20 minutes drive from home. On Monday he has another interview for a job in Copenhagen....so hopefully within the next week we will have some good news to post about his job situation.



As for me I am happily working away in the school. Tonight I was out with my friend Genny (and I didn´t go see Mamma Mia, even though I was tempted.) We went out eating instead. Genny moved to Dubai a year ago, but is back in Denmark for a holiday. It was sooo good to see her again and to catch up with her life in Dubai.....thanks Genny for a great evening. We went to our favourite restaurant - The Mexican - it´s cheap but sooo good. Now I am so stuffed - why do I eat sooo much when at a buffet?!! I never learn!

No comments: