Saturday 23 August 2008

It´s raining man!

Now it´s our turn... The rain has hit Denmark!!

We awoke this morning to such a downpour of rain. It was so cosy lying in bed listening to the rain outside, knowing that I didn´t have to get up for work. How I love Saturdays!!Kristian and Sara were up at 5.00am - Kristian said a quick goodbye and I rolled over again and fell asleep. They were going to a go-kart race. (You have to really love the sport to get up at that hour on a Saturday!) They had to be there by 7am.


Since Kristian and Sara were gone all day, Leah and I decided to have a girls day out. (Andrew was going out with his friend.) So Leah and I headed out on our bikes to the station to take the train to the next town.

Leah has a birthday soon, so we were just window shopping to see what sort of things she wished for her birthday. It was really cosy (especially cause it was raining!) I just love the rain and shopping!!

On the way home we happened to pass the cinema, guess what they were showing? Mamma Mia!! So we popped in and caught the afternoon show. When Leah and I finally arrived home, we were like two drowned rats!! It rained soooo hard on the way home, so we headed straight from our bikes into the shower. I then did something that I don´t do soooo often - I baked a cake!!!

I had been talking to Kristian through out the day, just to hear how the race was going. It was going really well. Sara, apparently, has a gift for driving in the rain - (gets it from the irish genes!) She drove sooo well and the cart didn´t play up - (well only once...but the problem was quickly solved.) So she ended the race in 2nd place! Because she came in 2nd and also because they had been out in the rain all day I decided to bake their favourite cake.


Here is Sara getting her gloves taped so the rain wont get in.

She came 2nd - her friend Patrick came in 1st (he´s the one in the middle) They didn´t get to stand on the podium as it was raining soooo hard, so they got their prizes inside. She was bit disappointed as she had been soooo looking forward to climbing up there.
Then I spent the evening painting. I decided to try a bit of modern art. I had got inspired today as I walked pass an art gallery, the paintings were terrible and they were asking £100 for some of them. I thought I could do better, so I tried. I quickly found out that modern art is not my gift, my painting was just as bad as those I saw today!! haha
Around 9 pm the other half of my family arrived home after a long, hard day in the rain. But they were happy - a victory for Sara! After they had a shower, we settled down to hot chocolate with whipped cream and the cake that I baked. It actually tasted ok - not as good as my mother-in-laws, but a close 2nd. (Looks like we all came in 2nd today!!haha)



No comments: