Sunday 16 November 2008

A great weekend

It´s been a great weekend. Saturday morning started with a long lie-in. (something we are very good at in our family!) Then I went off food shopping while Kristian cleaned the house. (I didnt mind doing the shopping over cleaning!) When I came home we were ready to head out on our "date!"

We decided to go to a shopping centre that we had never been to before. We had no stress, we could just go around and look at things and get ideas for Christmas. We had a lovely afternoon there.

We actually bumped into an "old" friend. She was the daughter of the lady who looked after Sara and Andrew when they were small and I had to go to the office a few times a week. Sara and Andrew just loved her and her mum. So we met her with her husband and her own wee daughter. It was great seeing her again.

Then we popped by Kristians sisters (Hanne) house. Her husband (Flemming) was 50 a couple of weeks ago. He was holding an open house today (Sunday). People could pop by between 2pm - 5pm and say hello and have some cake. Unfortunately we had a meeting in church and couldnt make it, so we went by late yesterday afternoon and gave him his present. We then stuffed our faces with cake!. We had a really lovely couple of hours there. Kristian mum and dad live next door so they were also there for cake and coffee, along with Flemmings parents. We love hanging out there, and it gave our legs and feet a bit of a rest.

When we were finished there Kristian took me out to a really lovely chinese restaurant in the outskirts of Copenhagen. We had a delicious meal - ate too much as usual. But it was just so great to have time to sit and talk together.

We got home around 8pm and ended the evening by watching Bridget Jones Diary. Sara and Andrew were home so Sara joined us to see the film. It was a really cosy evening.

Around 11pm my mobile telephone rang. It was Leah. When I took it there was this wee voice that said "Mummy, I am really homesick!" (Oh NOOOO! I thought!) then a second later came this big laugh - "I´m only joking I am having such a great time, I just wanted to say goodnight!"

She had a fantastic time at the camp so now she is counting the days until the whole church goes away together on a weekend! (that is first around April - so she has a while to wait!)

6 comments:

Stuart and Pauline said...

Awwwww, reading that gave me a warm, fuzzy feeling inside.

I'm surprised Kristian sat through a chick flick though, Stuart struggles with them.

Rhoda said...

What a perfect weekend! You get to do the things you want, and the house gets cleaned for you:-) Sounds good to me! (And even bumping into 'old' friends:-) - by the way I really am an old friend in every sense of the word!)

Loved Leah's wee wind up - the apple didn't fall far from the tree Laura! I remember how you used to wind up your mum! Glad she had such a good time.

lisa said...

Oh Rhoda, happy belated birthday!!!! Hope you had a great day & ate lots of Davids cooking and birthday cake!

Laura, I thought the exact same thing as Pauline! Pauline so many times Ive read a post and went to write a comment and you've got there first! Weird!

lisa said...

Ps - Ronnie too would never sit through Bridget Jones! Not in a million years! He would say to me "well theres 2 hours your never getting back"!

Rhoda said...

Thanks Lisa.

David would sit through Bridget Jones - and probably fall fast asleep! Just like he is at the minute beside me:-)

Laura said...

Kristian usually doesnt like girlie flicks, but from time to time he watches them with me (then he gets peace to sit and race his cars on the computer - he very cunning!haha) ....but he actually enjoyed this one, he laughed quite a few times through out the film. I had borrowed the film from my friend at work and there was also the follow up film. I was all in the mood to see that afterwards but he drew the line there and said NO! He wasnt sitting through another one!! haha