Tuesday 18 November 2008

I´ve been at it again!

I have been at it again! Yes -I decided to paint again! This time I tried something different than the usual seaside painting. I decided to do a forest scene in winter. It was hard to do - I think I need to practise this a bit more. Not the best,but I thought I would let you see it anyway....


Then Sara got her trophies for go-kart racing. She was meant to go and receive them last weekend but unfortunately had to work. Her friend collected them for her and she just got them from him.The season is finished and she did so well. She came overall 5th place in Rotex Junior Sjaellands Championship and overall 2nd place in Ladys Cup. Congratulations Sara!!!

(The big trophy is for 2nd place and the smaller for 5th place - just in case you couldn´t work that out yourself!!haha )

Here you can see her collection! (We are very proud of our wee girl!)


Do you remember that I taught our wee cat Shadow to sit. Well she is really good at doing that now, so I have been trying to teach her to dance. (We call it dance - but it is more like she jumps up or puts her paws in the air.) She´s been doing rather well - see for yourself in the video clip below.





To-morrow I am going to see Mamma Mia!! It´s sing-a-long night!! Should be a real laugh!! Soooo looking forward to it.

12 comments:

Rhoda said...

Hi Laura,

When I read your title I thought you were going to say you had been at Mamma Mia again! (But I see that is still to happen tonight - enjoy the singing! Did I tell you I bought the Abba gold which has all the songs on it - except sung by Abba:-)!!!!) I was speaking at a Guild (women's group in the Church of Scotland) yesterday, and guess where they are going for their Christmas outing - yup to see Mamma Mia - is there no escape?!

Well done to Sara for all those prizes - no wonder you are proud of her - she really must be good.

I am not surprised at all that you have taught Shadow to dance, now you will have someone in the house to dance along with you to your Mamma Mia CD:-)

Rhoda said...

Oh ps and I meant to say that I thought your painting was very impressive too - hey girl you could get prints made of it, and use that for your Christmas cards!

lisa said...

Doesnt sara look so grown up? Well done to her, very impressive indeed!!

Stuart and Pauline said...

Well done all; to Sara, to Shadow and to you Laura.

Rhoda said...

Laura looking at the picture of Sara's lovely long hair, do you remember nearly knocking people over in the CEF office with your big long pony tail???!!!!:-) (That couldn't be seen because of the bobble!!!) Ah well at least you got daughters with long hair eh.

Charlene said...

Hi Laura,

I love your painting. I love how green the trees are against the snow! It reminds me of walking in Hillsborough Forest Park on snowy days. Before Philip & I were married we had went there on such a day for a Sunday afternoon walk. Not only was it snowy but really icy too. Philip was soo attentive and constantly reminding me to "watch myself". I look behind me to talk to Philip and couldn't see him. He was lying flat on his back - in his suit! I nearly wet myself laughing. Anyway he had quite a job getting upright. We went to church later and Philip, my Mum & me were all sitting at the front of the church. I don't know why but Mum & I had no collection and we looked to Philip for some funds. When he put his hand in his pocket he produced 12p. All his money had fallen out off his pocket when he fell! We were the first to put our money in the empty collection plate. You should have seen Jack Norton's face - it was a picture!

Laura said...

hahaha - what a brilliant story Charlene - it had me in stitches, I could just see it all.

Now you mention Jack Norten, do you remember going to the hospital to sing and Jack was in and we sang one of the carols to the wrong tune. It all fit fine until the last couple of lines - we were in fits!!

Hey what about this get together!! It sounds great.....who is up for it??

Rhoda said...

Charlene, that's so funny, I can just picture it!

Wow Laura 5 days and no update - you're slipping girl:-) (join the crowd!)

lisa said...

Oh poor Philip, Im sure he was soo embarrassed falling in front of you when Im sure he was trying to impress you!

Charlene said...

Not quite Lisa. Although we weren't married, we were past the "good impression" stage - come to think of it we got past that bit pretty quickly!

lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lisa said...

Yeah I know what you mean Charlene, about the impression stage not lasting too long - the phrase 'take me as I am warts and all' comes to mind!!