Friday 14 November 2008

Lost and found

Tonight Leah was going away with the church on a kids weekend and I was going over to one of my friends from church. She was having a few girls over for her 40th birthday.

The plan was that Leah should be at the camp by 5.40pm then I would have time to drive out to Karin´s house for 6pm. (I have never been to Karins house before, or to the place where they were holding the camp.)

Leah and I set off in good time. We had printed out the directions to both places. But when I am driving if something can go wrong it will go wrong.

The first part of the journey went well. Then we got to the part were we had to start turning off roads and on to other roads. I blew it!! Firstly because it was pitch black - we were in the middle of the country side with no street lights. Secondly, none of the roads we had to turn unto had road names, so I couldnt check if it was the right road we were on. So we drove up one road, turned around, down another road, no, didnt look right so we went up another. Finally at 6.05pm we arrived at the camp!!! Just 25 minutes later than planned.

Then I had to find my way home to Karin. What a laugh that was - I didnt know were I was! Up and down more country roads. I ended up in a little town - I parked the car and rang Kristian to tell him my situation....He was no great help! "What do we want me to do?" he asked. Right enough, what did I expect him to do? I got him to ring Karin and tell her I would be a bit late but I would eventually turn up!!


Eventually I did turn up...6.30pm - 30 minutes late! But as they say - better late than never! At least I had made it and what an achievement that was for me. We had a great evening together with Karin and some of her family along with some of the other girls from church.

Thankfully on the way home I had company in the car. I was leaving one of the girls home and so she could direct me to her town. I honestly would never have found my way to her town alone. (We used to live in her town so from there I could find home to us!)

I think I now know what I should wish for Christmas - one of those navagation systems for the car! Or maybe next time I should just take Krisitan along - he is always sooooo good at finding his way. (really annoying it is!haha)

Tomorrow Kristian and I are heading out. I dont know what we are doing. He is organising a date day. (Leah is gone, Sara is at work and Andrew is with his friends.) Sooooo looking forward to that. So I will keep you posted. Goodnight all

2 comments:

lisa said...

Well done for finding 2 places when you didnt know where you where! I know what you mean about country roads having no road names, it can be so hard to find where your going, so well done!

Enjoy your date day, hope Kristian has something lovely and romantic planned for you and hope the weather stays dry.

Stuart and Pauline said...

Well done indeed.

30 mins late, for some people that is turning up early (Lorraine). One of my friends here is always late. We went to a Christmas Fair last Sat and I was picking her up, I was 25 mins late (had texted her to say I was). When I got there she said she thought I'd deliberately told her I was going to be there for the original time to make sure she was ready. I said no, I was aiming for that time all along, I'm the one running late today. I hate being late for anything.