Saturday 29 November 2008

I really am spoilt....

.....its true, I really am spoilt.

I have been away all day today. When I left the house this morning it needed a good cleaning, when I came home it was spotless!!

What was I doing? Well my friend Audry and I went to Copenhagen Christmas shopping. There were a few things we needed and they could only be got in there. So we left at 10.30am this morning and took the train in.

It rained all day. It was typical Northern Ireland weather, only in Denmark! I was feeling very much at home!!

While in Copenhagen I just had to make a visit to the English shop to get my Bisto gravy granules for Christmas dinner. (which, by the way, cost me about £3.20 for a small box of 170grms!! Daylight robbery!!) After that we headed out to one of the big shopping centres just to get out of the rain. What a good idea that was!

We spent the day walking around shopping - in the dry - and we picked up a few bargins for some people (who will remain nameless, just in case they are reading the blog!!)

Finally at 7pm I was home. It was such a brilliant day and the time went by sooo fast. I cant believe I have been out shopping all day!!

On the way home I was sitting in the train thinking about what I should do when I got home. I was starting to feel discouraged cause I knew the house needed cleaning and I really didnt feel like going home to do it. Yet, I wanted it clean for the start of a new week and also because I wanted to start decorating tomorrow with Christmas lights etc. I wanted everything clean and ready tonight.

But as you have worked out, when I got home everything was done. (Well nearly everything - I just need to change the cat tray - Kristian literally throws up if he has to do that!! hahaha What a whimp!)

I was so pleased! I really thought Kristian was going to have a day at home relaxing and just enjoy racing cars without his wife around to annoy him, but instead he cleaned the house. Now I know I really am spoiled - thanks Kris for all your hard work.



Tomorrow is the 1st Sunday in Advent. The Danes put lights in the window, decorate the house with Christmas decorations and some even give Advent gifts to one another. They also have an advents wreath with 4 candles. Only the first candle on the wreath will be lit tomorrow, then next Sunday two will be lit etc. By the 4th Sunday before Christmas all the lights are lit on the wreath. It´s a really nice tradition. Must admit I am so looking forward to decorating tomorrow!!

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

Lucky you!!! Mind you, Brian is in the kitchen doing the dishes now. I'm supposed to be ironing!

We're putting up the tree this afternoon. I'll post a photo of it for you later. Brian's sister Jennifer always thinks that my tree looks as though the kids have thrown the decorations on from the other side of the room. It's very tacky and very Christmassy!

Molly was 7 the other day and I've just remembered that at my 7th birthday your dad took some cine film of all the cards and us out in the back garden racing on the space hoppers. Do you remember that? Must go and take a photo of all Molls cards too.

Right. Must go and iron now.

Stuart and Pauline said...

Wow, Laura that really is fab. When I was really poorly we decided to get a cleaner to take some of the burdens off Stuart. However, it is something we now really appreciate and aren't giving up any time soon.

We normally put our decorations up on the first Sunday in December. I think it's more my rule than Stuart's though, given half a chance he wouldn't have it up at all. I finally found an angel for the top of the tree, it's only taken 8 years. At least Alice will always remember the tree with the angel and not the really tacky, cheap star from Stuart's student days.

lisa said...

Lucky lucky you! Ronnies at home the 2 days I work and Im lucky if he vacuums! He says its hard enough looking after Tom without cleaning as well! Mmm - how do I manage then???