Sunday 2 November 2008

Concert



Last night my friend Laura, her daughter Mia, Leah and me went to a concert with Kristians sister Signe and her choir - Wave of Gospel. Kristian was also there playing his sax. It was a great concert - Kristian played soooo well and the choir sang fantastic.


Check out the video above. It is Kristian playing a solo with his sister Signe on piano. It is a song he wrote himself for his nephews baptism, it´s called "Notes for Nephew". I think it´s really beautiful.


After the concert we headed home to Laura for hot cider and pumkin pie! Delicious!!

Then today we headed down to church. Then after church Kristian and I went to visit the art gallery in the village close to were we live. An new artist was starting her exhibition today, so we thought we would head over just to check it out. It was amazing!!! It was protraits of different Danish women. The artist is a very talented lady - the paintings actually looked like photo´s!! We had a nice ½ hour there looking around before heading home again. Check out her website if you want to see some of her work (unfortunately the protraits are not on her web) www.barart.dk and go in under Galleri.

Then it was off to collect Leah from Laura´s again. She had stayed the night with her friend Mia.

Now another weekend has gone, just a little too fast this time!! I could do with one more day off work. After seeing the art work today I am inspired to paint, but just dont have the time...so one more day at home would just be great!! Ah well there is always next weekend!!

9 comments:

lisa said...

What a talented family you are!! Thats a beautiful piece of music, thats a very clever husband you have! Looks like you had a good night and it might even excuse you from missing chat night!

lisa said...

Forgot to say Im back to work tomorrow & theres a post office near us so if you email me your address tonight I can post you the DVD.

Laura said...

hi Lisa
How are you feeling?? Are you up to going back to work tomorrow??

I will send an email tonight. I´m sorry i missed the chat last night. I did get on to chat with charlene and lyn around 11pm your time. We were only on about 20minutes as I really needed to get to bed.

Hopefully I will be there next month again!

Charlene said...

Wish I could have went to the concert - you are all so talented! Great "talking" to you again.

Rhoda said...

That was fantastic! I wish I had been there. What a talented family!
I really enjoyed the artist's work as well.

I'm sorry I missed you all on Saturday, I had planned to be there. Circumstances beyond my control made it impossible.

lisa said...

Maybe we should have a mid-month chat night for everyone who couldnt be there? What do you all think?

Rhoda said...

If the middle of the month means the 14th or 15th - I'm not free then either

Laura said...

Yeah I think we should do another chat night - mid month....maybe a week night - then we can log off early and get to bed!!! I am not sure I can the 14th or 15th....leah is gone to a camp at our church and Sara and Andrew are also doing things, so I might go on some dates with my man...but let us see......it´s not all definate yet. Ok off to bed - hoep to talk to you all soon. Hey Lisa how was Paulines white chocolate cheesecake???

lisa said...

Well, I have no life so any night suits me! I cant afford to go out because I have a mac and a kitchenaid!!!

The cheesecake was lovely but not as nice as yours Laura - sorry Pauline! Pauline you will have to make Lauras to see what I mean!