Saturday 21 November 2009

25 kids and a Christmas musical....

....thats how I spent my Friday evening - together with 25 kids practising for a Christmas musical.

It was all go this evening down at our church! The evening started at 5pm. Kids, duvets and mattresses all arrived around that time and before long kids were unpacked and in their different make shift bedrooms. Leah had been looking forward to this all week. She was sharing a room with 3 other girls her age.

Before long kids were hanging out together, playing table tennis, football or just sitting around chatting. Dinner was served and then the practise started. Leah got the part of Mary, so she had a few solos to learn. The music was great, really catchy and easy to learn.

After a few hours of practising songs it was time for some fun of a different kind. One of the other leaders had arranged a competition and what a brilliant job he did!!!

It was after midnight when I arrived home. Leah is staying there with the other kids until Sunday. Although I wasnt directly involved in the musical I wanted to go along. I recently started teaching in Sunday School and since this was a weekend for the age group I teach, I wanted to go along and get to know them all a bit better. I am really glad I did - it was a great evening!

Now I am soooo looking forward to the middle of December when the Christmas musical will be preformed in the church for family and friends.

(I forgot my camera this evening - hence no photos!)

No comments: