Sunday 15 November 2009

Laura and Kristian at war.....

.....this afternoon Kristian and I went to war with each other - literally!! It all happened after church!

A guy from our church had arranged for 20 people to go out and play hardball against each other, Kristian and I signed up and after church today we headed out with 18 other crazy souls.

Below is what greated us when we got to the place!!


Then it was on with the uniform. Kristian was a SWAT solider..... dressed in black (the green hood he has on is mine!)

I was the terrorist.....

We got our guns and we were all set to go to war.

We spent the rest of the afternoon crawling around fields, jumping into ditches and just shooting whoever got in our way (from the enemy side off course.) We had 2 different types of war games, then it was in for coffee/tea and cake. After the coffee break it was dark, lights were mounted on the guns and on our masks. The war now moved inside the two derelict buildings. It was great fun, but made me sooooo thankful that I wasnt involved in a real war situation.

The whole afternoon just flew by. It started at 2.30pm and we were leaving at 6.15pm. Some of the others were staying for more action but we couldnt. We had to leave - Alessio was arriving, and since we were in Copenhagen, just about 15 minutes from the airport, we said we could pick him up. Sara is sooo happy to see him again. Aaaahhhh yes, dejavu again, again, again!! haha

Now I am sooo tired - I think I have used muscles in my legs today that I never knew I had!! I wonder if I will be able to walk at all tomorrow? or even be able to go to work??!!

3 comments:

lisa said...

What an unusual day out!! Looks like loads of fun!

Rhoda said...

That looks absolutely brilliant! I would love that:-)

My birthday was yesterday - on FB I have a fictitious birthday!!!!! Ok I'll go to the attic to say how I really feel Lisa!

Stuart and Pauline said...

Laura, growing up in Norn Iron probably gave you a unfair advantage over everyone else eh?!!

Looks a lot of fun.

Rhoda, happy birthday for yesterday!!! Sorry for missing it. I got you on your fictitious birthday!