Monday 9 November 2009

I´m back....

Yes I´m back in the land of blog!!

Last week was a busy week for me - busy but good. So the week flew by.

On Thursday evening I was out with work. We went to try a new chinese restaurant in the next town and off course ate far too much. Then it was off to the cinema to see a new Danish film that I hadnt even heard off. It was a weird film, left you with no feelings. I love to come out of the cinema with a "feel good" feeling. This certainly did not do that. Anyway, we had a fun evening together and the evening only cost us 25kr (about £2.50). Why? Well we collect empty bottles thrown around the school, we get money for these and we save this money up. It usually takes about a year to save enough money for 6 people to go out to dinner and a trip to the cinema - not bad eh?!!


The weekend was spent in church - literally! I have recently started to teach in Sunday School so on Saturday the leaders had arranged a "workers day" for everyone involved in the children and youth work. It was such a great day and it was nice to see who actually was involved in all the different branches of the work.


Sunday after church I came home and decided I wanted to relax - so out came my paint brushes...I had a great afternoon painting away, just what I needed before the start of another busy week!




5 comments:

Rhoda said...

Busy but good - that's the way we like it!

Shame the film was a nothing film - but at least you hadn't spent too much hard earned money on it:-)

Your landscapes are lovely - I think we are kind of similar - I like taking photos of landscapes - well trees actually! And you like painting them:-) Isn't it lovely to have something which is so relaxing for a Sunday afternoon!

Rhoda said...

Ha Ha Laura, I think we were on updating our blogs at the same time! Me with my photos and you with your drawings:-)

lisa said...

Ive said it before and I'll say it again, your paintings are brilliant!! You have such a talent!

It wouldve taken me days to paint something like that and it still would not have been half as good, and you churn them out one after the other, fantastic!!

lisa said...

Ps welcome back!!

Laura said...

Trust me Lisa you could do this too. According to this guy that I take lessons from - anyone can paint. Just follow his instructions - you should try it, I think you could do just as good a job - probably even better! it sure is fun:-)