Thursday 19 November 2009

Want to learn some French??

Well if you do just click the video below and come with me on a journey to the wonderful world of language - the French language!!!


This evening Alessio was trying to teach me some French. We had such a laugh. I really dont have the gift for languages...but it doesnt stop me trying!!


Now with Kristian its different. He seems to pick it up quickly. (How annoying is that!!! It must be his musical ear!) Anyway, Alessio would say a word or a sentence, Kristian would repeat and Alessio would say, " Yes thats right!" (He would get it right on his first attempt!! How does he do it??!!) However when I said the word Alessio just laughed and said "No!!" and then repeated the same word over and over again. I would copy what he said but I still got it wrong - appartently! I sure couldnt hear that it was wrong - I think he was pulling my leg.....


Well if you want to see what we were up to take a look a the video below. You might learn something new or you might remember something from those by gone years in your French class.

3 comments:

Rhoda said...

What are you like?!!!!!

French (non a la Laura!) is so beautiful such a lovely language. No wonder it's the language of love! Your 'stepson' should have said he loved Sara!!!!!

It's the same here, David learns languages really easily, while I murder them!!!!! I think you're right it's the musical ear . . . But Laura I'm just thinking you're musical too!

So what happened your arm?

Laura said...

No I am not soooo musical - not like Kristian, he has a natural talent - I have to work at the music thing.

My arm, well I burnt it last weekend at the christmas bizarre thing at school. Remember that old oven? well I forgot that the chimney going up from the oven would also be hot, so when I tried to lift a big pot of soup my arm hit it - AAHHHHH!!!!! it was sore. Put an ice pack on it right away but I got a really nasty burn. it doesnt hurt anymore, just looks awful.So last year I cut my finger when I was chopping the soup vegetables. This year I got through the chopping ok, but burnt myself on the day - what will happen next time???

Stuart and Pauline said...

Laura, tu parles le francais un petit peu. Now ask Alessio if that is correct. I'm going on memory from over 20 years ago, so the syntax is probably all over the place, not to mention the spelling!!!

Well done for trying, as we are always telling Alice!!!