Sunday 21 February 2010

The challenge....

...time for a challenge. Well its mostly a challenge for myself, but feel free to join in.


Over the last couple of months I have felt the fat growing back on my body and now enough is enough!!! I will not go back to were I was a few years ago so its time to get serious.


Tomorrow starts my healthy eating lifestyle. I will NOT let a piece of chocolate rule me anymore. I will NOT let a bottle of coke (zero) have power over me. Tomorrow I take control.

So heres the idea......


I will weigh myself in the morning. The result will be posted here on the blog - totally open for all in cyber world to see! Then I will be accountable to my blog (and its readers - I need someone to be accountable to!) I will write down and share what I have eaten each day...that way when I want to put a piece of chocolate in my mouth I will remember that I have to write it on my blog for all to see and hopefully this will help me refrain.


My aim is to lose about 4 kg (just over ½ stone I think!) But I might need to lose more. Tomorrow morning when I stand on my scales, and see the damage, I will decide how much I need to lose. To accomplish this goal I will have to cut my calorie intake down to 1400 caleries a day and also exercise 5 times a week!!!! (oh its sounding really hard and scary now! maybe I should excerise 4 times a week to start with?!)


So my friends in cyber world is anyone out there willing to join me in this challenge. It will take commitment, and most of all honesty - but the results will be worth it - I know-I have been down this road before!!! It is so wonderful to lose the weight, but what is even more wonderful is feeling fit and healthy. It fills you with energy...and I want energy!!!

So cheers my friends - heres to my last cup of hot chocolate with loads of whipped cream - at least for a while:-)
and to end this post I want to show you my pictures from the painting course. Todays paintings were harder - a bit more advanced. We had to paint a house (bottom left hand painting) and then some boats at the beach (top right hand painting) It was hard, but still fun. I like my house, but dont like the boat picture so much.(I will try painting it again another day.) But I am now hooked on water colours. Its great fun painting with them.

Well time I was snuggling down in bed. The alarm is now set for 5.30am!!!! Back to work in the morning - oh how I wish we had another week off.

8 comments:

lisa said...

Ok I'll do it. Does it mean I have to exercise 5 times a week too? Please say no! I will try at least 3 though. I will weigh myself in work tomorrow, I threw my house scales out a few months ago (freedom) so cant do it at home. I cant believe you have gotten me to agree to put my weight on the blog for all to see! And I promise to write every single thing that I eat.

Come on girls, someone else join in too!!!!

Anonymous said...

ok ;( I will do it too!!!
It will not be funny, because it`s my hobby to eat ;)
But I have to do it!!! or else I will be called the little fat women!!!

So okay Laura and Lisa. I am with you ;(
Love from Anne.

Rhoda said...

You're all very brave women:-)

Good luck!!!!!

Rhoda said...

Oh that went to soon!

Re your exercise, the best way to do it is 2 days on and a rest day. And don't just do the same exercises - but give your body a chance to recover:-)

(So says the expert!)

Laura said...

Maybe we can get a live aerobics set up somehow - now wouldnt that be fun!!! hahahahaha

lisa said...

Hahaha Laura - live aerobics, I dont think so!!!!!

Stuart and Pauline said...

That's the way the personal trainer for the Wii does it, two days on and one day off. So maybe Rhoda is onto something there. You are very brave girls.

Angie said...

ooohhhh you're making me feel guilty. I reallllllly need to lose, not just a bit, but a lot of weight. (Ask Rhoida - she saw me last summer and it's not pretty!!!) So it looks like I'll have to join you. I'm not posting any weights though - just what I've lost now and again. That OK? I'm like Anne - I loooooovvvveee eating so it will be a real challenge!