Monday 22 February 2010

The moment of truth

.....it was not good news. I weighed in at 68,1kg!!! My goal is to lose 4 kg and today I started on the road towards my goal!
So heres what my day of eating looked like:
Breakfast at 6am: bowl of Cornflakes, 1 glass of orange juice - (approx 150 cal)
Break time at work: a bap with jam - (approx 250 cal)
Lunch time : an open sandwich with letuce, ham, tomatoe and egg, with a spread of miracle whip light (max 5%) - it was rather delicious (approx 300 cal)

Afternoon break: 3 carrots (approx. 50 cal) (got a bit fed up eating carrots so I bought some bananas on the way home!)


Dinner: 100grm peas, 100 grm sweetcorn, 100grm potatoes, 100 grm ham, 100grm carrots and gravy - (approx 450 cal) it was soooo good and I only had one helping (very tempted to take another helping, not because I was hungry, but just because it tasted good.)
Drinks today - orange juice, cup of tea 3 times, water rest of time....absolutely NO COKE!!!YIPIEEEEEEE!!!!!!
Total of 1200 calories - so I am under what I should have eaten....but this is all approx so maybe its a little more or a little less calories.
The thing is that I didnt feel hungry throughout the day...I did have a bit of a temptation when I went to the supermarket to buy milk and bananas. Standing in the queue I was sooo tempted to buy some chocolate - it was screaming at me. There had gone over an hour since I had eaten my carrots so I was starting to get hungry but I thought about my blog and said "NO - I cant write it in the blog that I bought chocolate and ate it in the car and on my first day!!! " So my plan worked - writing down what I ate, and being accountable to cyber world helped me stay on the road to success - at least for today!
For excercise I did 100 strokes on Andrews row machine - it was hard!! I could feel in in my legs, stomach and arms!! I didnt have time today for aerobics....

.....and the reason I didnt have time was that Leah had to go to the doctor for her second 12 year vaccination. On the way home we popped into a new shop that had opened, just to have a quick look. Well they had bargins gallore!! and I love a bargin! We went wild.

Leah needed new clothes and last week we were meant to go and get some things, but I was sick. Well thank goodness for that.....today she got a whole new wardrobe - 4 pair trouser/jeans, - 4 jumpers, - 3 t-shirts - hairbands, 2 skirts, 1 blouse and all for 40 pounds. We added the receipt up when we came home and we had bought 300 pounds worth of clothes!!!

The shop had 50% and 75% off things but then they had another 50% off their sale price - it was crazy!!! So thats the reason I never got to exercise!!! (Good excuse eh!!)

Well I better get off to bed. I can feel an urge to eat biscuits and cookies coming on, I am actually craving them right now and hot chocolate with lots of whipped cream is sounding like a rather wonderful way to end the day. I think the best place to be is in bed. Hope you`re all surviving......lets hang in there!!! Goodnight all:-)

9 comments:

lisa said...

Ok Ive a big confession to make, I didnt diet even though I knew I had to write it all down. But Ive been brutally honest with everything Ive eaten. And I also didnt know you were going to measure portions and calories. Sorry!! So here goes!!

Weight - 59Kg

Breakfast - bowl of ricicles with full fat milk and a cup of tea with milk and one sugar.
Mid-morning - a banana and an orange.
Lunch - onion bagel with low-fat philidelphia and ham, a slice of chocolate cake and a cup of tea with milk and one sugar.
Mid-afternoon - portion of grapes, snickers bar.
Dinner - ricotta and spinach quiche, half a punnet of cherries, cup of tea and 2 (yes 2) cadburys flakes.
Evening - cup of tea, mars bar, other half of cherry punnet and bunch of grapes.
Throughout day I also drank a litre of water.

Oh boy - I knew I ate a lot but writing it down has made me realise how much!! I didnt do any exercise workout or anything as I was at work then St John but I did run up the stairs in work about 15 times throughout the day if that counts! I'll try to be better tomorrow!

Etta said...

Proud of you girl! Stick with it.

Stuart and Pauline said...

Well done Laura, good on ya girl.

Lisa, how come you eat so much chocolate during the day and you're as a thin as a rake?

Laura you don't have to cut out the chocolate altogether. Buy a good bar of chocolate, (green and blacks or something) and then have a couple of bits a day, don't eat the whole bar and make it last all week. You will need some will power, but at least you don't deprive yourself of chocolate altogether. The darker the better. I don't like dark chocolate, about 45% is my limit.

Charlene said...

Well done Laura -good for you. Fancy going to the Valley Leisure Centre for some roller skating?

Laura said...

Well Lisa you were honest - and you are sooo thin anyway!!! Yes how come you eat so much chocolate and stay thin!!! Unbelievable!!! But isnt it good to write it down cause you see how much you eat....anyway thanks girlst for sticking me and my menu and calories!!! pauline I hate dark chocolate - can easily live without chocolate if there is only dark chocolate to eat....but I am allowed some on Fridays - a bar on friday evenig is my treat!! but once I get over the withdrawl then I dont actually miss chocolate or coke (well not that much!!) hahaha
Yes Charlene would love to go roller skating...ok got to go its been snowing here again so have to take time to get the car scrapped of snow and ice - roll on spring!!

lisa said...

Im not as thin as I used to be. From Ive had Tom the weight is creeping on, slowly but surely. I only gain it on my lower tummy, bum and thighs which makes me very disproportionate. Im still thin from the waist up but heavier below that. Ive went up 2 jeans sizes from Christmas but my top is still the same size. Im not a believer in starving yourself or torturing yourself by denying yourself something you really want so I try to balance the chocolate with exercise. I am quiet active, even when at home Im cleaning etc. And I have to say, yesterday was a bad day for sweet stuff, there was more there than I would usually eat but Im PMT'd and I crave sugary things when Im PMT'd so thats why so much chocolate.

Stuart and Pauline said...

Lisa, that is very interesting. Have you had your hormone levels checked recently. Apparently if you are oestrogen dominant then you put wait on in your lower half and crave sugary things. Just a thought.

Well done both. Where are Anne's facts?

lisa said...

Pauline I thought this morning about getting my hormone levels checked as Ive woken up the last few nights soaked in sweat. It was so bad last night I had to change my nightshirt as it was too wet to keep on. And its been freezing weather wise, so I cant blame it on that. It was the cold that woke me as I was shivering because I was lying in damp clothing. So I will get them checked in work on Thursday.

Laura said...

Yes Anne where are you???? we are waiting to hear about your eating habits!!!