Monday 15 February 2010

It really is all quiet.....

....because I have lost my voice!!! Now some people in this household are calling that a blessing in disguise!!

I woke on Friday with a bit of a sore throat again, but decided to go to work anyway. By Friday afternoon I was feeling rotten again. Home to lie on the sofa. I had planned a fun Saturday out shopping but that day was also spent at home (spitting up green slime!! hahaha your glad I shared that with you eh?!!) By Saturday evening I was sore in my lungs and by Sunday it had gotten worse. It felt like a knife going into me every time I breathed....thats when I decided I better do something about it, so of to the hospital I went to see the "out of hours" doctor. I was given a 10 day course of penicillin and when I came home I couldnt talk - my voice was totally gone!! Kristian now believes in miracles....hahahaha

The house is really quiet. I discovered yesterday just how much I talk and how much I love to talk!! Its hard sitting around saying nothing....and when I do talk I have to repeat myself a few times cause no one can hear me!! Roll on the day I find my voice again!!

4 comments:

Stuart and Pauline said...

Laura, what do you mean a blessing in disguise? Is is not just simply a blessing?!!! Then again, look who's "talking". Hope you find your voice again soon and the normal levels of noise are resumed in your household. Before too long they'll be longing to hear your beautiful tones again.

lisa said...

That sounds so bad, really ill. Poor you, I hope your better soon. But, the Rasmussen family, enjoy it while it lasts!!! Sorry Laura, youve taken some stick over this!!

Rhoda said...

Bet they are all dreading when you get your voice back - there will be a L O T of catching up of lost time to do! Hope you get well soon enough to enjoy your holiday! What is it with you and February and getting sick . . .?!

Angie said...

Laura....silent??.....can't imagine it!! Hope you get better soon.