Tuesday 23 February 2010

If at first you dont succeed....

try, try again!!! Isnt that what they say?!!! So if you havent succeeded at this healthy eating challenge dont lose hope and dont give up!!! (and here I am preaching to myself!!)

Today my healthy eating plan went well until I was about to make dinner!! Then I realised I had forgotten to take the chicken out for dinner. I had been shopping for the old lady I visit. I was home late and I was tired so when I discovered the chicken was still stone hard and that it was impossible to get any sticks through it to make chicken kebabs.....I gave up and ordered pizza!!! However I did make a lovely salad to go along with the pizza!! while Kristian went to get the pizza I had a wee talk to myself and made an agreement with me, that I would only eat 2 (at the most 3) slices of pizza but I would eat loads of salad. Well that agreement held until I tasted the first mouthful of pizza!! haha

So heres my confession for the day:

Breakfast - bowl of cornflakes and a glass of orange (150 cal)
Break time - a lovely warm bap with jam - and then half of a bap again (250 cal)
Lunch time - 100grm ham, 100grm potatoes, 50grm peas/sweetcorn (400 cal)
Break - Banana (100 cal)
Dinner - 5 slices of Pizza and mixed salad (probably about 1200 cal)

Total of 2100 calories - ooops!!!!

But my weight this morning was 67,6kg so being good yesterday paid off !!

Anyway I was thinking that I am not going to bore you all everyday with my weight results and list of foods consumed. I will just put, in small type, at wee list at the end of my normal post, just for anyone interested in knowing what I consumed in a day....and it is mainly to keep me on the right path.

9 comments:

lisa said...

Well done you! (apart from the pizza)! But well done for having a weight loss already! I think I said before I threw my scales out so I can only weigh myself at work. I only work Monday and Thursday. I have been so good today compared to yesterday. Ive a confession too - after I wrote the list last night I had another cup of tea and half a bag of Doritos - oops!! Anyway, heres todays list
Breakfast - 4 shredded wheat, milk and spoonful of sugar, cup of tea.
Mid-morning - nothing.
Lunch - toasted onion bagel, ham and low-fat philadelphia, small bunch of grapes and cup of tea.
Mid-afternoon - banana.
Dinner - steamed rice and chicken in plum sauce, cup of tea and 2 chocolate biscuits.
Supper - 2 glasses of water and an orange.

Laura said...

Well done Lisa - that sounds like a better day today. I have a confession to make, after I wrote my blog I was tempted to eat a chocolate chip cookie and I gave in, and then I gave in again....so probably tomorrow all the weight I lost yesterday will probably be back on again:-) Ah well tomorrow is a new day!

lisa said...

Aw well, dont worry about a little cookie! (or two)! You cant totally deprive yourself or life's no fun at all, it just becomes a chore!

I was able to be so good today because I was at home and didnt have a sweet shop next door like I do in work! Also Ronnie was out in the car all day and theres no way I would walk a 20 minute walk each way in the freezing cold with a toddler in a buggy to go to the shop for a bar of chocolate - I dont love it that much ha ha!

Anonymous said...

Now the results from Anne ;)
Weight: 67 kg ;(
I doint eat anymore!!! I am getting weaker. Hahaha!
I have been a good girl.I have not touched sweets at all ;)
I doint follow a diet,but I try to eat less. And I doint use butter on my bread.
You all thought that you had lost me Ha ha ha :0)
I am very serious about this and it helps that I am not the only one who suffers.

lisa said...

Hi Anne - welcome to the world of starvation!! It gets better - honest! When you see your clothes getting too big and the scales getting lighter its all worth it!

Anonymous said...

thank you dear Lisa. You are a good person ;)
Now I will go to bed and dream about FOOD:0)
Goodnight evelyone.
Love from Anne.

Rhoda said...

Laura!!!!

DO NOT WEIGH YOURSELF EVERY DAY.

Once a week at the most, it's pointless to do it every day.

Charlene said...

You are all so good! I won't bore you with my eating habits... hahaha. Actually there wouldn't be enough room on your blog.

On a more interesting note Leah really got herself some fabulous bargains!

Laura said...

Well hello Anne - welcome back - good to hear from you - glad you are suffering too like the rest of us!!! hahaha Funny how we weigh about the same!!

Oh Rhoda I love to weigh myself everyday - it helps keep me at it. So sorry I will keep on weighing myself everyday.

Hi Charlene good to hear from you too. Yes didnt leah get good bargins....thats her kitted out until the summer:-) and all for 40 pounds!!!It was like being in Primark - we dont usually have shops that have things that cheap so Leah and I were saying how like primark it was...but the sale ends this week and then all the clothes cost from 15 pounds and up.

Yesterday when Leah went to school all her friends loved her new clothes, when she told them about the shop they all wanted to go. Leah rang me at work to say that all the girls had rang their mums and they were getting some money after school to go to the shop...so Leah and 7 other girls got a train and went shopping together. Leah had only 2.50 with her but she a lovely pair of leggings for that!!! Happy days!