Friday 26 February 2010

I should play a Michael Jackson song.....

......and it would be "I´m bad, I´m bad, I´m really, really bad!!" I think you get the picture!!! So I am not even going there this evening!!! All I can say is that I was BAD!!!!
Today found me exploring a part of Copenhagen that I havent explored before. Its an area called Nørrebro. A few years ago I was in that area at a praise night in one of the churches, but today I got to explore the place which was totally something else!
First I thought I had left Denmark and had landed in some foreign country. I honestly think I only heard 2 people, in the whole 2 hours that I was there, speak Danish. It was an experience!!!
I saw 2 drivers getting really mad at each other while sitting at the traffic lights. One was pumping his horn and the other was opening his door and shouting back at the driver behind him. Further down the road more people were pumping horns and shouting - ALOT of very impatient people around on a Friday afternoon!!
So what was I doing in there? Well Leah was off to do her puppet training for the TV show. She was a bit nervous about going in on her own, so I got off work a few hours early and went on the train with her, to show her the way. (She has to change trains at one point and she wasnt sure where to get the next train, but now she knows so next time she is going solo!!! YIKES!)
While she was in practising I explored the shops and sights of Nørrebro. The time went quickly and I actually enjoyed my afternoon of wandering around.The best thing was that Kristian was the one making dinner. Leah and I would first be home around 6.30pm. so he had agreed to make dinner. On the train home I was wondering what he would have in store for us....I was not disappointed.
First he fed the kids - pizza (the frozen kind that just need to be popped into the oven.) The kids love these!! Then he had made a wonderful dinner for me and him. It was pork down with potatoes that had leeks and bacon through them....it was really delicious. He had cheated a bit! He had bought the dish from the butcher in the supermarket that does special finished dishes (only need heating in the oven)...but who cares....it was wonderful.

5 comments:

lisa said...

I see coke on that table!!!

Laura said...

yes - but its the Zero kind!!!! and it was Friday - treat day!!! hahaha

Anonymous said...

AND I SEE CHIPS ON THAT PLATE!!!
Hahaha!!

lisa said...

The whole weekend has become my treat night!!

Ive been sooo bad today its not even funny! I was on duty today and as anyone who has ever worked in an ambulance knows, the minute you go to eat something you get a call. So my lunch was (Im so embarrassed to write this) a bar of cadburys caramel, a mars bar and a 99 ice cream cone! And my dinner was chicken tikka masala, pilau rice and a nan bread (about a zillion calories)! Another embarrassing story, when I got home I thought I would do an exercise DVD while waiting on dinner, so I went up to get changed out of my uniform and put my track bottoms on - they wouldnt fit!!! I couldnt get them over my bum! Im so ashamed, the trousers Im meant to put on to exercise are too small!! So I need to exercise to be able to get into my exercise clothes ha ha!!

Charlene said...

Dinner looked delicious Laura, bet you're glad to get back home to some sort of normality!