Friday 19 February 2010

Feeling human again....

...yes, I am feeling human again.

Its Friday and the holidays are almost over. Mine didnt go exactly as I had planned...but in 5 weeks time we are off again!! Maybe then it will work out better.
But at least I did get to experience some good things in my holidays..... I relaxed on the sofa for 4 days and got to see lots of films!!
Tuesday evening I was restless. I had seen all the films I wanted to see, I was fed up lying around and so I got out my paints.....

The painting is still a work in process...I wasnt at all happy with it, so the bottom half of the grass is painted white again. I am waiting for another day to feel inspired to go in and fix up the grass and flowers.
Wednesday afternoon we went to visit the family. Our niece Christine was in America a few years ago. She lived with a family for almost a year. Well the family had come to Denmark to visit Christine. We were meant to have them on Monday at our house for dinner, but had to cancel. However on Wednesday we got the chance to meet them.
Their daughter turned 18 so we were invited down to cake and hot chocolate. Leah and I went and Kristian came from work and met us there. (Andrew had other plans and Sara is in Belgium this week visiting Alessio.) We had a lovely afternoon there.
It was 6.30pm when we left them. Leah and I wanted McDonalds...Kristian on the other hand had eaten soooo much cake he wasnt at all hungry!! (He loves his mums birthday cake and goes a bit overboard when she makes it!!) So Kristian drove home and Leah and I went to McDonalds and had a cosy time there together. It sure was nice to be out and about again!!
Thursday was family fun night and as usual we headed off to Anne and Peters. if you follow this blog you´re probably wondering why its always at Anne and Peters house and never at ours? Well, thats because they have a small boy of 2 years, so it easier to put him to bed in his own home....not to mention their house is like 3 times the size of our apartment!!! and they have all the latest games and playstations!!


So we had planned fondue. We all brought a bit of food along and shared it....and it was delicious!!

We stuffed ourselves with sweets too....

We played some silly but fun games......


and ended the evening rocking the house!!! They just got band heros for playstation 3....it was sooo much fun.....now we want one too!! hahaha

3 comments:

lisa said...

How on earth does the 2 year old sleep with all that commotion? Tom would want to be downstairs in the middle of it all!

I want to go to Annes too! You always have such a great time there! And there's sweets as well - added bonus!

Laura said...

I dont know how he sleeps - like last night she put him to bed and left his bedroom door open, we were next door in the living makinig weird animals noises, laughing and screaming and he just slept...then we played the rock music down in her cellar....he just sleeps and went in no problem and went to sleep. Amazing!!! You would love it there!! hahaha we always do have soooo much fun, they are such easy going, fun, down to earth people.

Rhoda said...

Laura! Before you mentioned that you guys always go to Anne's and not the other way round, I never thought of it!
So now you have me wondering about the 2 year old! Was he like my friends who had finished their family 17 years ago, only to discover 10 years later that God had other ideas:-)