Tuesday 16 February 2010

I found it again....

.....yes, I´ve found my voice again. Its back, a little weak, but its there! Oh its wonderful to be able to talk again!!

I discovered it this morning as soon as I woke. I turned to say something to Kristian and instead of a whisper or a croak an actual voice came out!!! I was so excited - Kristian on the other hand didnt seem so thrilled! Half asleep he came with this advice...."I dont think you should use it so much Laura, you dont want to over do it. Take one more day without saying anything!" The cheek of him!! NO way - I´m back and so to his annoyance I chatted away (I wake up quick, he doesnt!) but it wasnt long before I needed to get out of bed!! I have been lying around for 4 days now, but today, waking up without a pain in my lung or a sore head was wonderful - so I wanted up - much to Kristians delight - think he was glad to see the back of me. So now I am up and feeling soooo much better. Let the holidays begin!!

I wonder where my voice was hiding all this time - I think maybe it was under my pillow! haha

8 comments:

Etta said...

Incorrigable! Very glad you found it - though with your tidying and cleaning I'm surprised you didn't know exactly where to find it ;o)

Etta said...

oh the shame... I know, I know... "incorrigible"... oops

Stuart and Pauline said...

So glad you have your voice back again. I know what it's like to not have full use of it. I have laryngeal palsy, after my surgery, they nicked a nerve that leads to the muscle that leads to the vocal cord. So I had no voice for months and a very weak one for years, after speech therapy it's still not great. Anyway, a very different issue, but I know how you feel and how frustrating it is.

Kristian is right though, don't over do it and wear it out.

Rhoda said...

Oh Laura I've no doubt that Kristian has YOUR best interests at heart:-)

Karen Templeton said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better Laura. You have lots of catching up to do. I am sure Kristian's head will be throbbing by the weekend hehe.

Laura said...

Off course Kristian has only my best interests at heart - NOT!!!

It has been a funny day...Kristian has been laughing at me all day as I now realise how I say what I am thinking out loud. Like if I am going to empty the dishwasher, I say that, "I think I will empty the dishwasher and then I will make the bed etc" and then 5 minutes later I say " ok after this I will do this" well I havent done that for the last 3 days as I have had no voice. I have only answered someone when they asked me something..so kristian was laughing all day saying how much I tell everyone what I am thinking of doing. I didnt realise that I did that - but now I see that I do. I am constantly talking!!! I think I need help hahahaha

lisa said...

I can see you so clearly, going around the house chatting away to yourself, priceless!!

Of course Kristian only has your bests interests at heart - honestly xx

Charlene said...

Pauline I bet Stuart paid the surgeon to be incompetent!!!!