Thursday 23 December 2010

Busy,busy, busy....

...but so is everyone!! There is deadline to meet!! Ours is the 24th December!!

Yesterday was my first day off school and what a day I had planned! I didn´t manage to do everything I had planned but I got the cupboards cleared out in the living room and kitchen (yes again!! where do we get all the stuff?!!) I got our hall sorted out too! The coats and shoes that were piled out there was ridiculous! That´s all sorted now! And those 3 rooms are totally clean.

I got the food shopping done too. There was a big snow storm coming in over Denmark so I decided to do my food shopping late yesterday afternoon, just in case I couldn´t get out today.

I wanted to get in and out of town as quickly as possible.... but it wasn´t that easy. First the shop didn´t have any brussel sprouts left!! How can you run out of brussel sprouts?? I know I LOVE them but I thought I was the only one!! Apartently not!!

Then I couldn´t find a turkey breast!! None left - PANIC!! so I bought some roastbeef instead. I got a ham too, we always have ham at Christmas. However the missing turkey would not leave me alone. Is it really a Christmas dinner without turkey??? This question niggled away at my brain as I shopped. I had to find a turkey breast!!! So I did something that I didn´t want to do, I drove to different supermarkets just to check out their freezers. I finally found one!! A wee 900 gram turkey breast, not much, but at least we will all get a mouthful of the bird to make our Christmas dinner perfect!!

While I was gone Sara and Leah decided to clear up and clean out their rooms.

Sara ironed her clothes and sorted out everything in her room. She started by throwing everything outside her bedroom door, cleaned the room and then she sorted through the pile. Must say she did a good job but I wonder how long it will last, knowing Sara NOT LONG!! Usually a few hours later it´s impossible to see the floor again!

Leah did exactly the same with her room. Everything got taken down so she could clean.

She just piled everything on our bed while she cleaned and organised.

Her wardrobe was in need of help. It looked like a bomb had exploded in there. So out came all the clothes, they got folded and oragnised and now she has a beautiful, organised wardrobe...but for how long?

I was beginning to panic about not having a Christmas tree. We were meant to get it on Saturday but Kristian wasn´t feeling the best so we dropped that idea. I had gone to a few places on Monday evening to see what they had, but they only had small trees, ones that came just above your knee. The good trees were gone!! The kids were also getting rather worried that we wouldn´t have a tree this year.

But Kristian saved the day! Yesterday on the way home from work he called into a place and got the last big tree they had. We are soooo happy to have a tree even if it is an ugly old thing!!

We decorated it last night. It´s amazing what a few lights and a bit of decoration can do for a tree. It now doesn´t look sooooo bad.

Now I have another busy day ahead!! Today is our last shopping day, tomorrow the celebrations begin!! oh I can hardly wait!!!

1 comment:

lisa said...

Ah its not an ugly tree!!! Its lovely!